TechArt Pro Sony E To Nikon Z Adapter

BTM_Pix

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Phil A said:

That adapter really makes me consider the Z6 even more, saw some great tests on YouTube.

A store close by has a sale for Z6 + 24-70 f4 lens + Nikon F adapter + 64 GB XQD card for 1949$ and that’s silly cheap. I‘d sell my GH5 + Oly 12–40 for it and seeing how I lately do 90% pictures and 10% videos, I guess that would be a good deal.

I know a friend thinking of the same thing, but instead of selling his GH5 + 12-40 he's of getting rid of his D810 instead :)

I think the GH5 still earns a place in the bag, no matter what else.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Phil A said:

A store close by has a sale for Z6 + 24-70 f4 lens + Nikon F adapter + 64 GB XQD card for 1949$ and that’s silly cheap. I‘d sell my GH5 + Oly 12–40 for it and seeing how I lately do 90% pictures and 10% videos, I guess that would be a good deal.

What country is this store in and do they have a website? That beats B&H by $400.

9 hours ago, Phil A said:

That adapter really makes me consider the Z6 even more, saw some great tests on YouTube.

That pretty good price, If you do photos more then you will definitely feel the difference in noise and latitude with a modern FF sensor.

Having said that, I just bought a gh5s for dirt cheap price as bcam to s1, seems like after most manufacturer released FF camera the pricing is going down faster than I participated for both new and used camera.  I sold my a7iii for quite a big loss as part of that collateral damage argh.

18 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

How about the IBIS? Does it work well with the Sony lenses? Would be intrigued by a Z6 + Tamron 28-75 FE combo but need reassurance that the CAF is decent and that IBIS would function properly. 

• Administrators

Yes IBIS works fine. The manual aperture ring on the 35mm FE F1.4 isn't supported though, so have to change the aperture on the Nikon body dial as usual. Like I say, earliest firmware, so there will be things that improve later on.

I just shot my dogs.

It's ok, they're not dead... But I shot them, and it tracked marvellously in 4K and 1080/120fps... I'll post the results later.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Yes IBIS works fine. The manual aperture ring on the 35mm FE F1.4 isn't supported though, so have to change the aperture on the Nikon body dial as usual. Like I say, earliest firmware, so there will be things that improve later on.

I just shot my dogs.

It's ok, they're not dead... But I shot them, and it tracked marvellously in 4K and 1080/120fps... I'll post the results later.

Thanks. How difficult is to get the ring on the body given how thin it is? Is there any play between lens and body?

• Administrators

Surprisingly well built, and easy to reach the front release button for the E mount lens, given the thinness going on... A bit of play, yes. Might be an issue for follow focus users.

Wonder if there can be in future a Tough E mount style solution where the Nikon Z mount screws off and gets put in the bin along with those expensive Nikon F1.8 lenses and a Techart Sony E mount screws on in place of it ;)

56 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Wonder if there can be in future a Tough E mount style solution where the Nikon Z mount screws off and gets put in the bin along with those expensive Nikon F1.8 lenses and a Techart Sony E mount screws on in place of it ;)

It's physically possible.  It probably wouldn't be a good idea to discard the Z-mount contacts, if one has a notion to eventually use Z-mount lenses/adapters .

For those unfamiliar, there are TOUGH E-mounts sold by Photodiox in brass and "silver."

Hmmmm, for my purposes as a wilderness and adventure shooter where everything is on my back in the mountains and in the back of bush planes, I couldn't disagree more about the native Z glass so far. Small, light, razor sharp edge to edge, no focus breathing, no chromatic abberation, weather sealed and built really tough, I've been hit by a big wave with the 24-70 on my Z7, rinsed it with 1 litter of fresh water and kept shooting. I've got the 24-70 F4, 50 1.8 and 14-30 and I love them.

Sure, the focus by wire stinks for video focus pulls and star work, but that's where the adapters come into play. I'm personally selling a lot of my 2.8 F-mount glass and all of my Sony gear except the voigtlander 10mm F5. 6. That lens is the only reason I'm looking at this adapter. 

You should get a Nikon F --> Canon EF manual adapter. This way you can mount Nikon F mount lenses onto the canon adapter onto the sony adapter onto the Nikon. Probably not the best way to adapt Nikon F glass to a Nikon body but who cares. Adapterception!!! 

• Super Members
Just now, webrunner5 said:

That would be an interesting looking combo.

It works.

Because the E to Z is only 2mm its actually not that bulky a deal.

Especially not to get auto focus on 50 year old lenses!

• Administrators

Yep some lovely AI-S lenses on the Leica M adapter with a £20 passive adapter, onto the T-E-Z-mount adapter, magically become nifty autofocus lenses. Although not in video mode.

Speaking of which, the Z6 with Techart is showing almost Sony A9 levels of lock on with tracking fast moving subjects so far in 4K... It's astonishingly good compared to my expectations, which were already pretty high. And reliable too. At least with the native FE lenses I am using... 35mm F1.4

On 6/18/2019 at 11:16 AM, BTM_Pix said:

Looks like its real and will be shipping at the end of June and at $249 its cheaper than I expected it to be.

I'm disappointed they haven't actually shown it working stacked with their E to Leica M AF adapter but they do say in the comments of the video that it does work, albeit a bit slower obviously.

They haven't answered the question someone has posed about it working stacked with the Sigma MC11 which would give EF compatibility as well so thats one to keep an eye on.

As I've no real interest in buying new Z lenses, I've been waiting on this as it makes the Z6 a whole lot more interesting to me as its now adaptable to have full F, EF, E compatibility as well as AF for manual focus lenses.

As does the tumbling price of the camera itself !

http://techartpro.com/product/techart-sony-e-nikon-z-autofocus-adapter-tze-01/

Richard Wong tested the two adapters stacked. Best results with telephoto Canon EF glass and EF mount Sigma prime. V 1.0 Techart firmware.