HELP: C200 Record Trigger on Grip Not Working

colepat

Hey folks,

Like the title says my record trigger stopped working on my grip. The wheel and joystick still function properly just the record button won't work. Any ideas? The connection looks secure to me. It was working just a few days ago, then I took off the hand grip to pack it up and travel and now it's not working. Help!

MVIMG_20190618_183408.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
36 minutes ago, colepat said:

Hey folks,

Like the title says my record trigger stopped working on my grip. The wheel and joystick still function properly just the record button won't work. Any ideas? The connection looks secure to me. It was working just a few days ago, then I took off the hand grip to pack it up and travel and now it's not working. Help!

You might have inadvertently disabled the grip record button in the menu... which is an option btw.

8 hours ago, HockeyFan12 said:

Unplug it and plug it back in a few times and see if it fixes the problem. I had a similar problem often on my C100. 

Still getting nothing. I'm concerned I need to replace the grip. What are the chances of that? The organization I work for just purchased it last August, we take good care of it I can't imagine it already needing to be replaced, but I am at a loss. 

I currently live in Northern Thailand doing field work for my organization but I'm going to visit family in the States this month— maybe I can take it get serviced if needed? 

5 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Someone may have stretched the cable too far when it was off the body. Lots of variables that can happen, and few will admit it if that sort of thing does happen. Murphy's Law.

Would a stretched cable require us to purchase an entirely new grip? 

Yeah it might. I can't seem to find much info on repairing one. New they are like 219 Dollars for the whole grip. A C100 one is different. It might control it, but you can't mount it to the camera, or the C200 grip to the C100. You might not even be able to buy a C200 Handle cable at all. Just comes as one unit I guess for what I can tell. By the time you pay for labor just cheaper to buy a new one. If you have a C100 Handle you might just try it to see if it works.