Hasselblad X2D Medium Format Camera Coming?

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I’m thinking this may get the new Sony sensor that was linked a few months ago. I’m not sure that we will see IBIS, but with 100MP plus to play with on a medium format sensor, the DJI RockSteady tech would have plenty of image data to work with for perfectly stabilized full frame or S35 crops. 

I’m curious to see what benefits, if any have come from DJI’s acquisition of Hasselblad.

It would be surprising if it has the same sensor as Fuji, at a huge premium, without IBIS (and much faster and improved autofocus). 

Edit: it is apparently the X1D Mark ii. With probably the same (or similar) 100MP sensor, with probably the same body (?)

http://thenewcamera.com/hasselblad-x1d-mark-ii-confirmed/

@DBounce I noticed your comment on Fujirumors.com where you've said it's probably the new IMX555 102MP sensor. What's the sensor on the Fuji? Also I am wondering whether the sensor on the Fuji can be hot swapped, considering they may be the same size (?)

44 minutes ago, sanveer said:

It would be surprising if it has the same sensor as Fuji, at a huge premium, without IBIS (and much faster and improved autofocus). 

Edit: it is apparently the X1D Mark ii. With probably the same (or similar) 100MP sensor, with probably the same body (?)

http://thenewcamera.com/hasselblad-x1d-mark-ii-confirmed/

@DBounce I noticed your comment on Fujirumors.com where you've said it's probably the new IMX555 102MP sensor. What's the sensor on the Fuji? Also I am wondering whether the sensor on the Fuji can be hot swapped, considering they may be the same size (?)

Yes, it seems the official name will be X1D Mark II. Word is the Fuji GFX 100 uses the Sony IMX 461 sensor. I very much doubt that the sensor is hot swapable .

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

IMX555 is a FF sensor and won't be out till 2020.

Oh ok. Is there more than one Medium Format 43.8×32.9mm sized 100MP sensor available right now? Or in suspected to release in the very near future? 

All the images that they are teasing look exactly like the orginal X1D... this makes me think that maybe these are not pictures of the actual camera that is going to be released. When DJI teases they generally tease something new and different. 

What if the camera that they release is actually the V1D?

Haselblad-V1D-with-45mm-hands-on.jpg

• Super Members

Well its the 50th anniversary next month of Hasselblad's most famous field trip so it would be nice to see them tie it in to returning to that iconic form factor.

I'm surprised they haven't actually timed this launch date with that launch date to exploit the link but maybe the imminent arrival of the Fuji has forced their hand.

Mind you, the last time they tried to tip their hat to the space programme they made a right shambles of it with the Lunar.

Although the design does look somewhat reminiscent of a more recent popular camera....

hasselblad_1100181_lunar_camera_black_1134591.thumb.jpg.2f60fd1e14b75ea81b81d438787d55ce.jpg

• Super Members
13 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I liked the design of it though, but sure as hell didn't like the price of it for what it was!

I think they'd looked at what Leica were up to with Panasonic and sought a similar path with Sony but unlike Leica they used the same mount which kind of gave the game away that it was a NEX-7 with an overcoat on !

As is often the way with these brands though, if you picked a Lunar up during the fire sales that went on with them then you'd be sitting on a profit now from collectors whereas with "real" Hasselblad digitals from the same era you'll have lost most of the original price.

I'm fascinated by where they will be going with this new camera as Fuji have given them a bit of a caning with the GFX but as the first new Hasselblad product post DJI then there could be some surprises not least in terms of price.

• Super Members
30 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

The only Problem I see is the Lack of Capture One Support

Its been a couple of years since I used it (and with H3Diis rather than X1D) but I never minded using Phocus and it seems to have come on a lot since then but, yeah, its another tick for Fuji if you use Capture One for your tethered shooting/editing with other cameras as well. 

More clues... to my eyes the lens mount appears different.  Also the distance between the button and the lens mount seems far less on the teased image?

Teased image of button with lens mount:

SmartSelect_20190615-110648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current X1D... notice the space between the button and rim of mount. Also notice that mount appears to be shaped differently.

SmartSelect_20190618-072212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Latest teased image:

IMG_20190618_071849.jpg

• Super Members
2 hours ago, DBounce said:

More clues... to my eyes the lens mount appears different.  Also the distance between the button and the lens mount seems far less on the teased image?

Teased image of button with lens mount:

SmartSelect_20190615-110648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current X1D... notice the space between the button and rim of mount. Also notice that mount appears to be shaped differently.

SmartSelect_20190618-072212_Samsung Internet.jpg

The difference that you are looking at there is between a camera with a lens attached (top) and one without a lens attached (bottom).

As per this product shot of the X1D .

1638685414_ScreenShot2019-06-18at16_26_40.png.6f4067bdf57c71563aa34ca2f9cceb53.png

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

The difference that you are looking at there is between a camera with a lens attached (top) and one without a lens attached (bottom).

As per this product shot of the X1D .

1638685414_ScreenShot2019-06-18at16_26_40.png.6f4067bdf57c71563aa34ca2f9cceb53.png

Hard to say if that's the case, but on closer inspection you may be correct. Honestly, I'm hoping for the V1D... IMO that would be awesome as I love the 500 series. The latest teaser would seem to suggest a connection to the 500 series.

We will know tomorrow. Price is a big factor. Let's hope it's no more than the Fuji GFX 100. 

• Super Members
52 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Hard to say if that's the case, but on closer inspection you may be correct.

You can see the lens barrel reflected in the lens release button on both shots where there is a lens attached and it is absent on the other one, which also shows the locking pin of the actual mount. 

• Super Members
1 hour ago, DBounce said:

Price is a big factor. Let's hope it's no more than the Fuji GFX 100. 

I think the original launch price of the X1D was around $9K but with DJI now involved it might well be in the same ballpark as the Fuji but whether it can compete on the video side is a big question if all it is is just a higher res version of the X1D.

I understand from this video from the angry fella that Fuji have been sending firmware updates for all of the GF lenses for the pre-production GFX100 to enable PD autofocus and it seems it takes it to a level that Hasselblad could struggle with.