Hasselblad X2D Medium Format Camera Coming?

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Tbh the Fujifilm cameras feel like toys compared to the X1D. Very clear when you handle both next to each other. The build quality of the Fuji isn't even close. Of course, if all we ever want to discuss is paper specs then it doesn't look so good. 

As I see it the Hasselblad is something you buy because you appreciate the experience of it all, as well as the picture quality (nobody beats Hasselblad colours). 

The hasselblad is great looking and well made. it‘s small while not light making it dense. This makes it feels well made, just like a Leica M. 

Are all other cameras toys? Maybe. But then again, there are multiple orders of magnitute of pro photographers using those toy sony, fuji, canon, nikon ... cameras, then there are hasselblad x1d users.

and tbh, many would choose features and handling over that feeling.

when it comes to image quality I would argue, that capture one is superior to phocus, thus the fujis are at least on par. 

Being polemical as well I‘d say the toy camera is the one, that rich dentists and lawers buy as a status symbol ;)

1 hour ago, frontfocus said:

The hasselblad is great looking and well made. it‘s small while not light making it dense. This makes it feels well made, just like a Leica M. 

Are all other cameras toys? Maybe. But then again, there are multiple orders of magnitute of pro photographers using those toy sony, fuji, canon, nikon ... cameras, then there are hasselblad x1d users.

and tbh, many would choose features and handling over that feeling.

when it comes to image quality I would argue, that capture one is superior to phocus, thus the fujis are at least on par. 

Being polemical as well I‘d say the toy camera is the one, that rich dentists and lawers buy as a status symbol ;)

Rich dentists and lawyer might favor Leica, but that doesn't make them toys. Their film cameras are pretty dam cool. That said, I don't feel Fuji cameras are toys either. They offer good value and a better mix of features for most shooter. 

I might have to check out the Hasselblads just out of curiosity. I don't think the Fuji is a buy for me with the terrible rolling shutter. 

So the initial unveiling was pretty uninspiring. The verdict is in and most are disappointed in the X1D 2... But the secondary offering (CFV II 50C & 907x), imo actually stole the show, and there is hardly anyone talking about this sexy beast. I'm really digging the all new camera. Retro to the max... an instant timeless classic?

Screenshot_20190619-194845_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-194932_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-195012_YouTube.jpg

20190619_200635.jpg

8 hours ago, DBounce said:

Rich dentists and lawyer might favor Leica, but that doesn't make them toys. Their film cameras are pretty dam cool. That said, I don't feel Fuji cameras are toys either. They offer good value and a better mix of features for most shooter. 

I might have to check out the Hasselblads just out of curiosity. I don't think the Fuji is a buy for me with the terrible rolling shutter. 

So the initial unveiling was pretty uninspiring. The verdict is in and most are disappointed in the X1D 2... But the secondary offering (CFV II 50C & 907x), imo actually stole the show, and there is hardly anyone talking about this sexy beast. I'm really digging the all new camera. Retro to the max... an instant timeless classic?

I have to laugh at your rolling shutter comment after it not being an issue for you on the EOS-r, but you're right about this Hassleblad - it's a beautiful piece of design which keeps some of that classic Hasselblad feel, hope it isn't all form over function and I don't think video was ever going to be high on their list of priorities

2 hours ago, ade towell said:

I have to laugh at your rolling shutter comment after it not being an issue for you on the EOS-r, but you're right about this Hassleblad - it's a beautiful piece of design which keeps some of that classic Hasselblad feel, hope it isn't all form over function and I don't think video was ever going to be high on their list of priorities

No... you need to understand that if someone such as myself, who is pretty dam tolerant in regards to rolling shutter can complain about how bad it is on the Fuji... then it must be absolutely atrocious. Don't get me wrong,  I really like the GFX 100. I like both the stills and video output,  but I will pass on the current version. 

If the rumored GFX 100V materializes that @androidladspoke of, then I will buy into the system. That cameras seems like it would check all the right  boxes for my needs. 

I like it as a single body photography camera pared with the zoom...but the zoom is almost as much as the body, so 11k+ or something for the pair which puts it out of my league.

I'm probably going to go to a single body with IBIS and fast zoom for next year and it could have been a contender as the Fuji 100 is definitely beyond budget and the smaller sensor 50's too slow and lack IBIS also.

So back to waiting to see if Fuji pops out a decent XH2...if at all.

I have always liked the size and design of this Hassy though, very classy. Pity it is slow as f*ck. And so expensive. At least this model is cheaper than the original.