Hasselblad X2D Medium Format Camera Coming?

DBounce

48 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I think the original launch price of the X1D was around $9K but with DJI now involved it might well be in the same ballpark as the Fuji but whether it can compete on the video side is a big question if all it is is just a higher res version of the X1D.

I understand from this video from the angry fella that Fuji have been sending firmware updates for all of the GF lenses for the pre-production GFX100 to enable PD autofocus and it seems it takes it to a level that Hasselblad could struggle with.

I'm hoping it handles video better than the GFX100. Honestly, rolling shutter is genuinely a problem on the Fuji from what I've seen. And anyone that's read my post would know I am generally not concerned with rolling shutter. But on the GFX100, any movement can quickly induce the jello effect.

I would be be happy with a Rocksteady stabilized full frame mode on the Hasselblad. RockSteady seems much better than IBIS for video. They have ample data to oversample and crop in to make it viable.

Lets hope the only place that Hasselblad took half measures is in the price tag.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am hoping the DJI association (ownership actually), has put pressure on the Management of Hasselblad, and ensured that more features have been added and that the price seems less shocking than before. I guess Pantax and Fuji showed that medium format can be better priced, and the Nikon 850 that the difference between the two formats should be greater than it is right now. I am also hoping that DJI has trickled down some of its Zenmuse video features into the new camera. I doubt though, that, it will have IBIS.

Another day or less to go. Hopefully Fuji hasn't already sent them to the cleaners. 

9 minutes ago, sanveer said:

I am hoping the DJI association (ownership actually), has put pressure on the Management of Hasselblad, and ensured that more features have been added and that the price seems less shocking than before. I guess Pantax and Fuji showed that medium format can be better priced, and the Nikon 850 that the difference between the two formats should be greater than it is right now. I am also hoping that DJI has trickled down some of its Zenmuse video features into the new camera. I doubt though, that, it will have IBIS.

Another day or less to go. Hopefully Fuji hasn't already sent them to the cleaners. 

I'm not "pro" IBIS, unless it can be locked down when shooting video. After seeing the latest EIS from DJI and GoPro, I am convinced that some flavor of EIS is a better option for video work.

32 minutes ago, DBounce said:

After seeing the latest EIS from DJI and GoPro, I am convinced that some flavor of EIS is a better option for video work.

Both EIS and IBIS have their pluses and minuses. EIS has issues with low light, especially with smaller and lower megapixel sensors, and I am also guessing it has issues with exposure consistency (I am guessing would have to be checked more finely). Also curiously while I remember EIS sensor being advertised as compensating for 3 axis only, I think they canprobably compensate/correct for all 5 axis.

I am not sure it can be useful for photos, as much as video though. For photos OIS and IBIS seem way better (I doubt whether photos could replace OIS and IBIS with EIS). 

What crap. Like seriously. I won't be surprised if they're using an older generations 50MP sensor to maximise profits.

They're like Nokia, before it went down. They'll probably take DJI along too, if it doesn't start throwing out the Management Yetis.

• Super Members

In fairness to Hasselblad though, the price is a lot more competitive than the launch price of the Mark 1 and is only a bit more than the price that people are still trying to get for used versions of it. Or were trying to before this happened at least.

The knock on effect of the used price of Mark 1 will be interesting for any idiot sat with a collection of HC lenses he no longer has a working Hasselblad digital body for.

Which will be me, obviously.

1 minute ago, mkabi said:

So, technically, it is 100MP.

Divided into 2 bodies.

I suppose in Hasselblad logic. At $5700 it's actually pretty cheap for a Hasselblad body.

Two points:

• While the lack of IBIS does not concern me hugely for video, Hasselblad has yet to mention any video capabilities of this camera.
    So I take that to mean it is a stills only camera.
  • The lack of IBIS is a major concern with a medium format stills only camera.
  • Hasselblad have not announced the price of the new digital back. But to my thinking, it needs to be offered at no more than half the price of the X1D2 as it uses
    the same sensor. At that price it might be an interesting option.
  • Will the CFV 50C digital back be capable of shooting video? I believe the old one was stills only... and I believe that was a missed opportunity.
3 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The knock on effect of the used price of Mark 1 will be interesting for any idiot sat with a collection of HC lenses he no longer has a working Hasselblad digital body for.

Which will be me, obviously.

Oh, was that you?