JVC is back with a new cinema camera!!

Alt Shoo

4 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I think M43 definitely doesn't have a huge place in the narrative world at least the higher end. S35 kind of already has that place and things don't usually go downwards.

When I was buying hybrid at 2015 GH4 wasn't even close to what the Samsung NX1 could do. It was almost laughable how much better the NX was, but put me an GH5/GH5S/P4K in front of me and ask me now. M43 upped their game so much in video, that is almost uunbelievable..

To be fair the NX1 is still the better photo camera than any of these, but the video quality is lacking in 2019 terms.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

At  the same time some of the up and coming cinematographers could also have a soft side for M43 like the GH2 onwards. 

I think M43 definitely doesn't have a huge place in the narrative world at least the higher end. S35 kind of already has that place and things don't usually go downwards.

If I wanted the m43 field of view and had a decent size budget id skip a m43 camera and just shooter super 16mm

15 hours ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

I just got a notification from UPS that I’m getting a package from JVC tomorrow. I definitely didn’t order anything but I did complete the survey. Anyone else getting something?

Maybe you're going to be the beta tester for their new cinema camera? ?

I also got sent some wireless ear buds. I’m certain that JVC is determined to build a camera that we actually will buy. 

Personally I would love a dedicated camcorder with a built in zoom anamorphic lens. Slap a good sensor in there and usable AF with a great codec and call it a day.

There is nothing out there like this. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PolarStarArts said:

Maybe a form factor like Sony's NEX-EA50

sony_ea50_3.thumb.jpg.f649e2731cb9a997e584b76c53af6a13.jpg

Wow! I missed that completely back then, but I shot quite a lot of projects with the VG series of cameras. I hated them, they were ergonomical nightmares, but very interesting concepts at the time.

Still believe that the best ergonomics for a small but capable video camera would be based on a Canon XC10/15. You can add a shoulder pad on almost anything these days.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

It was June then, and is September now, I'm not surprised we haven't seen the camera yet. 

(if one exists??)

Yeah, not surprised we haven't seen a physical camera either. Just curious if there has been any other talk of it or rumors of them still pursuing it.

I’m hoping JVC announces something soon. I’ve actually been holding off on purchasing any new cameras until they reveal their specs. Reason being that I truly enjoy using the GYLS300! Even with the Eva1, which I own, I’m 95 percent of the time using the JVC. I love the ergonomics and I love the IQ.  Come on JVC Kenwood release some information!

11 hours ago, Alt Shoo said:

I’m hoping JVC announces something soon. I’ve actually been holding off on purchasing any new cameras until they reveal their specs. Reason being that I truly enjoy using the GYLS300! Even with the Eva1, which I own, I’m 95 percent of the time using the JVC. I love the ergonomics and I love the IQ.  Come on JVC Kenwood release some information!

I'm guessing they're in the very early stages of development. It'll probably be awhile before we get much info. 

The LS300 really is a wonderful camera. It deserved so much more attention and respect. My biggest issue is the menu system is straight up from the 1990s. I've even softened on the plastic build quality, as I appreciate that it's not too heavy (though it could be a little bit heavier!) 

You can pick them up used these days for so little money, it's insane. 

On 7/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

At  the same time some of the up and coming cinematographers could also have a soft side for M43 like the GH2 onwards. 

It would be cool if JVC forgo a specific mount and just provide user selected mount options. I think JVC should step out of the box to make this camera gain traction in the minds of cinematographers.