How about a marketplace?

Rudolf

there are too many threads here just about selling and searching lenses...

I think there was a marketplace here once but without much traffic.

Times seems to have changed. And now every second thread seems to be about selling and searching. That is a little bit too much maybe....

What do you think?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

there are too many threads here just about selling and searching lenses...

I think there was a marketplace here once but without much traffic.

Times seems to have changed. And now every second thread seems to be about selling and searching. That is a little bit too much maybe....

What do you think?

I agree 100%...It is such a shame that certain people have ignored the polite request to not advertise here.

(I'm looking at a few regular posters with squinted eyes...if it is your business to sell pre-made setups, you already have a site for that...why advertise constantly on this forum?)

Now it is like a guarded community where people are less likely to share videos and information because the sample videos and information gets used by others to hype up their overpriced ebay auctions. Perhaps it's just a sign of the times that more people are keen to just 'take take take'...rather than contribute anything insightful.

In my opinion, any advertising/sales/trades between members are perfectly fine if conducted privately through DM's and at the buyers/sellers risk. A market place here would likely cause problems to manage and make secure.

It is the links to ebay and other online auction listings that is slowly killing this forum and helping people to drive prices to stupendous highs. 

Look, haven't we already been through this before?

This is a shit idea & just clogs up the forum with loads of unnecessary posts advertising stuff - some of it being not that great.

There are already loads of Marketplaces online where you can sell your gear quite safely & with proper protection!

Just because someone is a member of a forum, doesn't really make them that reliable does it?

If you're thinking about cheaper prices or getting perfect lenses, then this place isn't going to be that much better than what's already out there - especially if its all done anonymously online & by post.

On the flip side, if you can meet up in person with someone you've met via a forum, then that is a much better solution.

Furthermore, what we should really be doing is trying to organise Anamorphic Groups that can meet up & chew the fat in person!

You know that old fashioned concept of physical human interaction - then a marketplace could develop with reliable witnesses.

As it is, there are too many 1-10 Post advertisers that nobody can vouch for or their equipment.

Also, just because you meet someone [electronically] via a forum doesn't mean you know them or can vouch for them in any meaningful way.

Just my 2 cents worth 

Bioskop: I am not sure if I understood you right...? My point is that this forum is already "clogged up" with loads of advertising stuff.

And therefore I suggested an area where these people can post their stuff. 

The only reason why I am interested in a marketplace is to clear things a little bit up.

Nothing about prices, reliability, safety, protection...

However I agree with Häns and it also would give give me a better feeling to buy here something from somebody who is a regular member. It is just a feeling...

And as an international forum it is not very likely to happen often to meat people in person to purchase maybe an Iscorama 54 from Bristol if you are a potential customer from Hamburg - however that would be nice :)

In short lets just get rid of the mess and keep the possibility to advert something

Bioskop: I am not sure if I understood you right...? My point is that this forum is already "clogged up" with loads of advertising stuff.

And therefore I suggested an area where these people can post their stuff. 

The only reason why I am interested in a marketplace is to clear things a little bit up.

Nothing about prices, reliability, safety, protection...

However I agree with Häns and it also would give give me a better feeling to buy here something from somebody who is a regular member. It is just a feeling...

And as an international forum it is not very likely to happen often to meat people in person to purchase maybe an Iscorama 54 from Bristol if you are a potential customer from Hamburg - however that would be nice :)

In short lets just get rid of the mess and keep the possibility to advert something

Ah, now i understand!

Yes, totally agree - there needs to be a separate section were regular members (+50 posts) can advertise.

I think there should be a straight ban on everyone who posts more adverts than they do helpful and contributory posts or topics.  Also, a ban on any adverts (or discussion for that matter) for those damn red and gold projector lenses.  I swear I see more adverts for rail supports + complimentary multi coated projector lenses than anything else here recently.  I remember Andy Lee originally created these packages and an occasional post from him wasn't a problem, but now it seems there are about 20 more people cluttering up the forum with similar copies.

If they're not selling on Ebay, no amount of repeated adverts here will help.  

For that matter...  What the hell is a carl zeiss 50mm f1.4 nion mount and a marshall 7" monitor doing advertised here?  They have zero to do with anamorphic shooting!