5 Inch monitor suitable for GH5/G9?

jase

Hello everybody,

i am in the market for a 5 inch monitor (recorder is not needed). What I would love to have is:

• bright screen (usable in sunlight if possible)
  • false color / zebra / focus peaking

I checked the atomos shinobi as well as the smallhd focus. The shinobi ticks it all but seems to have quite some severe lag and is twice as heavy as the focus. The focus however does only have a 720p screen (how much does this matter in contrast to the shinobi's 1080p?) and no zebras.

Anyone with experience on the GH5/G9 using those monitors? are there any good alternatives?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, jase said:

Hello everybody,

i am in the market for a 5 inch monitor (recorder is not needed). What I would love to have is:

• bright screen (usable in sunlight if possible)
  • false color / zebra / focus peaking

I checked the atomos shinobi as well as the smallhd focus. The shinobi ticks it all but seems to have quite some severe lag and is twice as heavy as the focus. The focus however does only have a 720p screen (how much does this matter in contrast to the shinobi's 1080p?) and no zebras.

Anyone with experience on the GH5/G9 using those monitors? are there any good alternatives?

Thanks!

Screen resolution doesn't matter that much on a tiny 5" screen. Even with a 7 inch monitor its hard to tell the difference between a 720p and 1080p panel

My SmallHD Focus has increased my productivity greatly, especially living and working in the very sunny Mediterranean.

It is absolutely the lightest, smallest and with the best User Interface of them all.

It was an easy choice for me and one if the best I did, in sense of equipment, the last couple of years.

3 hours ago, Kisaha said:

My SmallHD Focus has increased my productivity greatly, especially living and working in the very sunny Mediterranean.

It is absolutely the lightest, smallest and with the best User Interface of them all.

It was an easy choice for me and one if the best I did, in sense of equipment, the last couple of years.

Same here! Other monitors are cheaper, but the Focus ticks all the major boxes to make it ideal for me. The micro HDMI kinda sucks for certain rig configurations of mine, but I'm happy to work around that for all the other benefits.

15 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

Same here! Other monitors are cheaper, but the Focus ticks all the major boxes to make it ideal for me. The micro HDMI kinda sucks for certain rig configurations of mine, but I'm happy to work around that for all the other benefits.

My God, how could they put a micro HDMI port rather than mini or full. 

On 6/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

My God, how could they put a micro HDMI port rather than mini or full. 

The micro port on the Focus locks in place in a slot so it doesn't move and is relatively protected from the elements. I trust it more than an exposed full hdmi connection.