Sony release old camera with new badge - NEX 5T - and entry level A3000

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
NEX 5T

Sony have some new cameras. The NEX 5T and A3000. The NEX 5T changes absolutely nothing over the 5R aside from adding NFC (near field communication), something Sony felt so important (communication with smartphones) that they rushed out a new model for it.

The A3000 has the form factor of a Canon 100D DSLR, or rather the Panasonic G6, it being a mirrorless E-mount camera. Both feature 1080p video modes with 60p and 24p. Along with the new bodies Sony have announced some new lenses for E-mount including the 18-105mm F4 and Zeiss 16-70mm F4.

[url=http://www.eoshd.com/content/11091/sony-release-old-camera-with-new-badge-nex-5t-and-entry-level-a3000]Read the full article here[/url]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hmm. Could perhaps get some good deals on 5R soon then, I've been thinking about getting some affordable and more portable camera.

What lens would be a quite affordable, around 20-35mm focal length, as small as possible but still with good optical quality for stills and video? I haven't been too impressed by the reviews and sample images I've seen of the Sony 20mm pancake.

I just sold my 5N.  Stills were fantastic.  Really better than the Canon's my friends had.  Video was great too, but the overheating was far too bothersome to be able to count on it.  The kit 18-55 wasn't bad, although not tiny.  The 16mm 2.8 was quite enjoyable.  

You could always go the SLR magic route - 35mm 1.7 for around $150 could be small, fast and fun!

http://www.amazon.com/SLR-Magic-35mm-1-7-E-mount/dp/B007Y05I6A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1377811413&sr=8-5&keywords=slr+magic

I just sold my Nex 5n too! and now my most used camera is the Olympus OM-D, is a great camera for photos; could be great for video but the quality of the video is not good enough, the 5-axis IBIS is just fantastic, i own a GH3 too mostly for video work, but another good camera are the Lumix G6 and of course the GX7.

I'm still keeping a eye on the Nex 7 successor.