Jump to content
zerocool22

Nikon Z6 RAW

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

I believe they said it would be 14bit RAW.

Its 12 bit prores raw.

I dont think there are any cameras on the market under $20k excluding the RED cams and Sony Cine Alta F5 that do 14 bit raw video. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

Its 12 bit prores raw.

I dont think there are any cameras on the market under $20k excluding the RED cams and Sony Cine Alta F5 that do 14 bit raw video. 

You are correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, KnightsFan said:

 

So if it is FF is it 6k or does it line skip? I assumed it must crop for 4k.

Z6 - It does not line skip now or with RAW.

"Z6 full sensor in 4k video uses full 6k oversampling to create 4k footage."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

Z6 - It does not line skip now or with RAW.

"Z6 full sensor in 4k video uses full 6k oversampling to create 4k footage."

I was talking about prores raw over hdmi. You can't oversample raw that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prores raw from the z6 is one of four options. 1. It is a 4k crop (likely). 2. It is 4k full frame using line skipping or binning, probably producing bad artifacts 3. It is 6k full frame. 4. It is oversampled and really should not be called raw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

Prores raw from the z6 is one of four options. 1. It is a 4k crop (likely). 2. It is 4k full frame using line skipping or binning, probably producing bad artifacts 3. It is 6k full frame. 4. It is oversampled and really should not be called raw.

See it's these little comments about "artifacts" and "should not be called raw" that shows all the doubt in the world.  Why? People get tech on this like they know more then the people working on this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...