optex anamorphic adapter

thephoenix

hi

can't find any subject about the optex adapter.

is it any good ?

is there a thread about it ?

a friend showed it to me on it's gh5 and i like the simplicity of it, light, can be used handheld and no double focus.

i am thinking about it for my xt3 but as i am a newbie with anamorphic i am taking all advices.

thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

if your friend is agreeable try some oval aperture frames in his anamorphic, basically an oval shaped cardboard  cutout installed at the back of the anamorphic. like they do to for some lenses you see advertised on ebay. Actually you could buy some already made

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Anamorphic-Bokeh-Custom-Lens-Aperture-Frame-4x4-set-6ps/253314572787?hash=item3afab9a1f3:g:YSAAAOSwk1haNA5I

but im cheap so i'd cut my own. That might be an interesting experiment for an afternoon. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested to see how things turn out. So a couple of pics and a short results video would be excellent ?