Matching live a Sony a7Smk2 with a Fujifilm X-T3?

IronFilm

So I'm going to be a camera operator for a shoot tomorrow with 2x a7Smk2, and a X-T3 for the wide shot (none of these cameras btw are my own, I'm just a cam op), which will be live cut between during the event itself. 

Any tips when it comes to matching these together?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

So I'm going to be a camera operator for a shoot tomorrow with 2x a7Smk2, and a X-T3 for the wide shot (none of these cameras btw are my own, I'm just a cam op), which will be live cut between during the event itself. 

Any tips when it comes to matching these together?

Have no clue, but I am interested of how you are going to live cut?

I am searching for a similar setup for future events.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Have no clue, but I am interested of how you are going to live cut?

Not me doing it, all I know is he has rented something for it. 

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

What are they switching it with?

Blackmagic ATEMs have a pretty comprehensive live colour corrector built in.

BMD ATEM was my first guess! And I asked him already, all I know is that it is not that. (he wasn't too sure himself what it was? We'll find out soon tomorrow!)

Ha ha, I don't envy this at all for a variety of reasons. Neither of those cameras are ideal for this kind of work due to battery life, though I'm guessing they'll be rigged up. A lot depends on the switcher and whether it's capable of tweaking the colors for each input. Once you've custom white balanced everything and have them using similar picture profiles, you'll probably want to head into the camera options and tweak the settings so that they match as best as you can. Hopefully then the switcher can fine tune it, cause I'm not sure how close you'll be able to get things just through the more broader image profile settings. 

I've avoided mixing camera brands for live switching like the plague for this reason. Even if you can't get the same camera for each angle, you're in the ball park as long as they're the same brand. 

19 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Both of their standard profiles look similar if they have the same white balance. 

You sure about that? I've never used them together, but Sony colors in the A7Sii aren't very good. Wasn't until the A7iii that I saw improvement in Sony's color. 

• Super Members
10 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Ha ha, I don't envy this at all for a variety of reasons. Neither of those cameras are ideal for this kind of work due to battery life, though I'm guessing they'll be rigged up.

Yup, all three on tripods, each with a USB powerbank. 

10 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

A lot depends on the switcher and whether it's capable of tweaking the colors for each input.

Nope, looks like it was a pretty old switcher we were using.