50D Super 35mm Raw question.

_Terry

Reading through the shoother guide book I notice Andrew refers to the ML 50D as a Super 35mm raw shooting cinema camera, and this confuse me a bit, I know that within the ML you can set the camera to do a 4:3 crop mimicking the crop of a 35mm film yeah but the relationship with the optics is still like a crop sensor camera right? I mean the sensor is not getting any bigger so you still suffer from not being able to use all the glass and so having to do the Focal Length multiplication.

I also noticed Andrew recommends using 64gb cards but frankly I can't afford them right now so are 32gb cards still fine? I will be working with a PC close so I will be able to upload the data while working.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I decided to make a forum trend after mailing this to Andrew after noticing that he doesn't like to be asked this questions by mail so sorry for that!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Las tarjetas de 32gb te valen perfectamente, yo tengo una Komputerbay. Eso si, debes comprobar que la marca que vas a comprar no haga las de 32 más lentas.

Super 35 tiene las dimensiones bastante parecidas a APS-C, quizás te hayas confundido pensando que s35 es equivalente al formato de 135 de cámaras de fotos, el 35mm de toda la vida como los carretes o las cámaras FullFrame.

sensorSizes_11_APSC.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CA

Vamos que tus lentes las vas a tener que multiplicar por 1.6

Pero que oportunidad de usar el Español y hablar de cámaras al mismo tiempo, y bueno veras eso fue exactamente lo que paso, confundí o mejor dicho asocie los dos términos pensando que se referían a la misma cosa.

Ahora con el tema de las velocidades, eso si lo tengo bien claro por todo el royo del buffer de la camara y sobre las tarjetas que en especifico las de Komputerbay son una especie de apuesta pero que va comprare dos de esas y a rezar por que sean de las buenas las "de marca" están demasiado costosas y yo soy muy pobre jajaja.

A mi la primera me salió rana, la segunda funciona perfectamente. Esperemos que tengas suerte, no se como andará el tema de las devoluciones en Venezuela ^^.

Recuerda (ya se que dices que lo tienes claro) que la que necesitas es la 1000x, la 600x o 800x no valen (al menos las de Komputerbay, son bastante más lentas de lo anunciado)

Por cierto, tienes otra cámara? Es por si no lo tienes claro del todo,un compañero mejicano preguntaba hace poco si la 50d le podía hacer también el apaño como cámara principal (usando video comprimido h264). Le recomendé que no hiciera tal cosa por que el raw gasta baterías que da gusto, ,el h264 que saca la cámara es bastante malo,necesitas un ordenador (computadora) potente, no graba sonido, y porque es un proceso que quizás no merezca la pena para cierto tipo de contenido.

Ahora bien, hace poco era impensable tener acceso a tanta calidad, especialmente en temas de color. La verdad es que se pueden hacer cosas muy pero que muy lindas, de cine totalmente.

Si tienes cualquier duda acerca  de la 50d no dudes en mandarme un privado. 

Saludos!

• Administrators

Reading through the shoother guide book I notice Andrew refers to the ML 50D as a Super 35mm raw shooting cinema camera, and this confuse me a bit, I know that within the ML you can set the camera to do a 4:3 crop mimicking the crop of a 35mm film yeah but the relationship with the optics is still like a crop sensor camera right? I mean the sensor is not getting any bigger so you still suffer from not being able to use all the glass and so having to do the Focal Length multiplication.

I also noticed Andrew recommends using 64gb cards but frankly I can't afford them right now so are 32gb cards still fine? I will be working with a PC close so I will be able to upload the data while working.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I decided to make a forum trend after mailing this to Andrew after noticing that he doesn't like to be asked this questions by mail so sorry for that!!

I replied to your email though didn't I? Thing with email is, that if I replied to all of them I'd be sat in front of Mac Mail for 24hrs a day and my life would fall apart, so it's only for that small reason I sometimes don't reply to you :)

I replied to your email though didn't I? Thing with email is, that if I replied to all of them I'd be sat in front of Mac Mail for 24hrs a day and my life would fall apart, so it's only for that small reason I sometimes don't reply to you :)

Yeah and I'm really thankful for that, so don't get me wrong I posted this just the moment after I sent the mail to you thinking that I wasn't going to get an answer because after finishing the mail I read the little note about "not sending emails about the gear". I didn't mean to be rude so please excuse this and more to come.