4K upgrade path for KineRAW MINI confirmed, with KineDECK 6K external recorder

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

To me, this is pretty much the camera platform that the Canon C line should have been. No way I'm paying $15k for a camera that only shoots 8bit 1080P. Even the C100 is a jip.

So if anyone is worried about this camera it's Canon, not BM or Red.

Actually. All three will be worried as it borrows from thier cameras and stands a chance of filling a gap that's been gaping for a while now. The Sub $10K do-it-all. They are not quite 'there' yet but with some massaging and proper coaching, say in a year from now? Apple ought to give them rights to use ProRes as I disdain the thought of warehousing all that RAW footage knowing my delivery platform is tablets, laptops and handhelds.

On the European website, the raw port for the 4K output is a 279 euro optional extra and you can add it to the base 3199 model. But I will investigate to be sure on this.

The recorder price hasn't been announced so you're plucking $8k from the air.

As for the other comments on this thread, you need to raise the quality of your posts guys.

Andrew, the Rep from KINE said in the interview that the new 6K KINErecorder would cost as much as the base model KINE ($3,200)

• Administrators

Sony's recorder is what, $5400, 6000?

To do a 6K recorder.. *6K*... AND a camera. A CAMERA! For the price of Sony's recorder alone, is astonishing. I believe it will be in a different league to the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in terms of ergonomic design and image quality. Feel strongly about this. Kinefinity are working miracles. The pricing may not suit everyone, that's natural. Magic Lantern raw is still stunning value on the 5D Mark III for example.

Actually. All three will be worried as it borrows from thier cameras and stands a chance of filling a gap that's been gaping for a while now. The Sub $10K do-it-all. They are not quite 'there' yet but with some massaging and proper coaching, say in a year from now? Apple ought to give them rights to use ProRes as I disdain the thought of warehousing all that RAW footage knowing my delivery platform is tablets, laptops and handhelds.

With CineForm RAW, the data rates are comparable to those of ProRes, yet the benefits of raw remain.

My concerns are unknown sensor and unknown build quality.

Sony's recorder is what, $5400, 6000?

To do a 6K recorder.. *6K*... AND a camera. A CAMERA! For the price of Sony's recorder alone, is astonishing. I believe it will be in a different league to the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in terms of ergonomic design and image quality. Feel strongly about this. Kinefinity are working miracles. The pricing may not suit everyone, that's natural. Magic Lantern raw is still stunning value on the 5D Mark III for example.

...And as we all know the accelerating improvements ( competition)  and diminishing costs to the manufacturers can easily force prices downwards. BArely out the Gate the Panasonic GH3 is selling at 18% of its release price. This bodes well for customers !

Does anyone else get the uncomfortable feeling every time Dan Chung of News Shooter starts man-handling the gear? He is like a kid that has to touch everything. Every rep he interviews gets that same look on their face of fear.

I notice it too, but I actually appreciate that, it gives a good feel for the product. For example, when he started spinning the original Kineraw on the table it made me realize that the camera is not that heavy.