A cheap rubber feet replacement for (vinten) tripod

Danielius

Hi,

I just bought a tripod at a local flea market, however it came without rubber feet. A straightforward option would be to buy original replacement feet, however they are double what I payed for the tripod itself. Do you happen to know of any knockoff alternative options for such item?

https://cvp.com/product/vinten-v4160-1901-rubber-feet-flowtech?gclid=Cj0KCQjwitPnBRCQARIsAA5n84nWXBtOfQj3JNWJNW_Zqsi7wmWrcN4cX62KrqizV3h5lXCzOe22KgUaAoe8EALw_wcB

Cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I Seriously doubt anyone makes a knock off of those feet. Probably the reason you got it cheap. Unless the tripod meets your needs and is a heck of a good tripod depends if you buy the feet from Vinten or throw it away. They make damn good stuff, but there low end is nothing to write home about just like all the others players are also. A Good, great Tripod and head cost a fortune unless you really luck out on a used one. And they are about as important as anything, even today to have.

42 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I Seriously doubt anyone makes a knock off of those feet. Probably the reason you got it cheap. Unless the tripod meets your needs and is a heck of a good tripod depends if you buy the feet from Vinten or throw it away. They make damn good stuff, but there low end is nothing to write home about just like all the others players are also. A Good, great Tripod and head cost a fortune unless you really luck out on a used one. And they are about as important as anything, even today to have.

Thank you, I think you are spot on here. It was 150£ for Vision 11 head, Carbon Fiber legs, Vinten dolly all in a padded case. I will just get the original ones.

3 hours ago, Danielius said:

Thank you, I think you are spot on here. It was 150£ for Vision 11 head, Carbon Fiber legs, Vinten dolly all in a padded case. I will just get the original ones.

As far as I can tell that rig is like a 6,000 Dollar or more setup new. Yeah I think I would spend 132 Dollars for the feet lol.

8 hours ago, tupp said:

Might be worthwhile to attempt to find some other solution.

Wonder if these would work at £48.00:

HAGUE_SPIKED_FOOT_TRIPOD_SHOES_2__23468.

Thank you - these look exactly like the feet on the dolly! Also, judging from Amazon reviews, seems like people are having luck using Manfrotto feet for Vinten tripods. I will try your suggestion first and let you know which one works :)

5 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

As far as I can tell that rig is like a 6,000 Dollar or more setup new. Yeah I think I would spend 132 Dollars for the feet lol.

Off-topic: a few weeks back, I bought a used Ursa Mini 4.6K for 1200£ from a local CEX. It came with 2 VLock batteries, a charger, two 128gb CFast cards, and a top handle. Seems like every time a new ‘revolutionary’ camera is announced, these shops are flooded with older generation tech, priced lower than everything on eBay. 

7 hours ago, Danielius said:

Thank you - these look exactly like the feet on the dolly! Also, judging from Amazon reviews, seems like people are having luck using Manfrotto feet for Vinten tripods. I will try your suggestion first and let you know which one works :)

Off-topic: a few weeks back, I bought a used Ursa Mini 4.6K for 1200£ from a local CEX. It came with 2 VLock batteries, a charger, two 128gb CFast cards, and a top handle. Seems like every time a new ‘revolutionary’ camera is announced, these shops are flooded with older generation tech, priced lower than everything on eBay. 

I hate you! 

On 6/3/2019 at 11:16 PM, tupp said:

Wonder if these would work at £48.00

Just got a set of Manfrotto feet for 32£, they work a treat. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-565-Rubber-Shoes-Spiked/dp/B00131GCAC/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=manfrotto+feet+rubber&qid=1559735204&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Thank you for the suggestion xx 

23 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Where do you live to see such great deals? I have Never been that lucky lol.

London, UK. It's a tedious work looking for these deals