deal of the century!

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Much of this written here affects prices a lot I think. Maybe this thread: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2170-iscorama-vs-iscomorphot-8-2x-vs-iscomorphot-8-15x/ which included a lot of praise for the Iscomorphot raised prices?

That post was really praising the Iscomorphot 8/x2, which is a completely different anamorphic (fixed focus, so can be a pain to use) & is much better - mine cost me £30. 

Posting stuff on this forum does seem to have that effect on prices, but what we are joking about is the cons that are about on Ebay, the false/misleading listings of Anamorphics & how much people are willing to pay for stuff at present - people just seem so impatient to wait for a bargin! 

Quite frankly, that Iscomorphot x1.5 is no way near worth the same price as an Iscorama - i've had one, its small & nice, but isn't even in the same league & never will be.

The Bolex x1.5 on the other hand is a lovely lens (one of the best & everyone knows it) & regardless of its dual focus properties, has always commanded top prices. 

These prices have always been a source of amusement, because they have gone up & up & up, to the point where people have started to ask nearly £1000 for a Kowa for B&H (which i bought for £200 a few years ago)!

The main reason why prices are going up is because there are people willing to pay them.

I got a pair of iscomorphots recently. One wasn't good looking, so I sold it cheap - $300 -, but the other one is in great shape. Seeing these listings only gets me willing to sell it for more. :P

People aren't patient to get a bargain anymore, definitely. So anyone with anamorphics to spare is selling them at top prices. At some time (we hope), the lenses are gonna stop changing hands and things are gonna calm down.

The main reason why prices are going up is because there are people willing to pay them.

I got a pair of iscomorphots recently. One wasn't good looking, so I sold it cheap - $300 -, but the other one is in great shape. Seeing these listings only gets me willing to sell it for more. :P

People aren't patient to get a bargain anymore, definitely. So anyone with anamorphics to spare is selling them at top prices. At some time (we hope), the lenses are gonna stop changing hands and things are gonna calm down.

Talking of bargains, being patient & the advantages of looking carefully on ebay (using Google to search ebay can give some unexpected results).

At the weekend i bought some Focar A&B 95mm Diopters for £45 incl P&P from ebay Germany & a day later the exact lenses went for £230 on ebay England! LOL!!!!

Its quite amazing what bargains you can find if you just look a little, instead of seeing one thing & rushing in.

I'm v.tempted to sell some stuff too!

Much of this written here affects prices a lot I think. Maybe this thread: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2170-iscorama-vs-iscomorphot-8-2x-vs-iscomorphot-8-15x/ which included a lot of praise for the Iscomorphot raised prices?

As the originator of that particular post (and other posts about anamorphic discoveries), here is a question that I pose to my fellow forum members: if someone finds an interesting anamorphic and there hasn't been much written about it online, should he/she:

[A] Post the information so that other people may also enjoy the lens, at the risk driving up prices?

[B] Share it with a select group of people via PM or email?

[C] Keep the information to him/herself?

I am curious to hear your thoughts.

It seems that unfortunatly some of us are trying to downgrade other stuff simply to advertise or sell our own on ebay or something!

"Supply and Demand", this is the rule generally leads market from centries ago! this is why you should pay more than $300 for a Iscomorphot 8/x2 (and probably much more for 1.5x version) and not £30 these days!

[A] Post the information so that other people may also enjoy the lens, at the risk driving up prices?

[B] Share it with a select group of people via PM or email?

[C] Keep the information to him/herself?

I'm half guilty of C, however i wasn't member of this forum at the time & I had stuff up on Vimeo & didn't hide what it was etc...

Anyway, the next time one appeared on ebay it did go for much more than i paid for my drunken Xmas punt - £300 more!

It seems that unfortunatly some of us are trying to downgrade other stuff simply to advertise or sell our own on ebay or something!

"Supply and Demand", this is the rule generally leads market from centries ago! this is why you should pay more than $300 for a Iscomorphot 8/x2 (and probably much more for 1.5x version) and not £30 these days!

No one's trying to downgrade stuff, just giving an honest opinion which is based on practical experience having owned a lot of anamorphics. Quite frankly there's too many people trying to pass off some lenses as excellent & being a [mostly] honest bunch of people i think it is wise to warn people who are thinking of spending a lot money on something.

I don't know anyone who has bought & kept the Iscomorphot x1.5, i certainly didn't. There's nothing wrong with it per se, didn't like it & its not in the same price range as a Bolex or an Iscorama.

Furthermore, you've identified yourself as the seller of this lens & you want people to hold their opinions to themselves!?

Sorry, but that's what forums are for & if you paid too much money for it & lose money then that's life, its happened to all of us.

I'm no longer buying or selling lenses, but am willing to offer my experience of things i've bought.

Right, but if we wanna comment on a price of an item, shouldn't we do a research on the sold price of the same item on the last 3 months as an example? Is it enough to say that I did pick up one of those for peanuts ten years ago?

I did see same comments about the price of a bolex moller anamorphot lens in this form a month ago. It was around $2000 (and it was not my item!) but here people did sell the same one for $1600! There is contridition here I think!

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/3088-selling-lenses-part-2/#entry40500

You sold yours didn't you? So why are you bitching?

We were just amused at some of the prices that we are seeing, that's all.

Some of us have been buying for years & this type of topic regularly pops up - "Ah the good old days, when you could pick up an Iscorama for a couple of hundred quid".

The Moller has always commanded a high price & is worth every penny.

But as people have been quick to say, the market is what it is, supply & demand and all that - but you can still marvel & laugh though, can't you?

First of all, regardless of the fact that I sold the lens or not, I think it is not fair to copy and paste a link from ebay and say that “this is an steal price” As long as there is no reference price, I can buy for $1850 and sell for $2000. I was happy when I paid for the lens and I will be happy when I sell it! I think market can regulate itself better than whatever imaginary prices up here!

Second of all, I agree with you, you may prefer bolex moller lens or iscomorphot one, it is a matter of taste! But as far as I am concern, it is impossible to logically compare a bolex anamorphot with an iscomorphot one because isco has two distinct features that bolex does not! First one is isco’s special focusing patent. With this lens you are not only be able to rack focus but also can get a more accurate focus. It may seem not important if you wanna take some ex-long shoots of trees and stuff or some anamorphic flare night shoots and put them on Vimeo but it is crucial when you gonna go out and make a movie, a real one! The second distinct factor is that you can get as close as 0.5 meter to the object with iscomorphot lens. You may say that I can use diopter on bolex or many other anamorphic lenses to do the same but how much is an acceptable diaptor in the market? ( I mean market in 2013 and not 90th when you could buy a Fujica p2 single 8 camera with a baby hypergonar attached to it for couple of hundred bucks in London or Madrid!) $200? $300? how about the image quality after attaching those diaopters? 
 Iscomorphot’s image is not sharp as bolex or lomo under f5.6 (and not up f5.6!) but for whatever reason if you say that it is worth to pay $2000 for an bolex moller anamorphot and not for an iscomorphot, my answer would be “give me a break!”

I won't argue about prices anymore. I set mine, and if someone disagrees, as you do, sorry for that, but unless it doesn't sell, I'm not putting it down yet.

About the question asked by QuickHitRecord, I'd go with option [A] every time. Knowledge is meant to be shared, specially when there is so little around the web and even less out in the world. hahahah.

If the prices go up, some people got lucky at the beggining of the hype, and some other will be happy with a good lens, even after paying a lot for it. A good lens is always a good lens, and the main way to determine it should be through shared knowledge.

Why does everyone LOVES and WANTS Iscoramas? Because there's plenty of posts, videos and people praising its quality. It's not about the brand, like modern advertising, I think it's about performance. No one owns an Isco just for the status of it. :P

I'm all for sharing & always have been.

What really gets my goat is the idiots that over pay, then pass that on to the next idiot who comes along & then use the trumped up excuse of "Its the Market Price!"

No its not!

If you really want to know what the Market Price is for something, then start the bidding at £0 or don't you guys have the balls!

The Moller would easily hit £1000, the Iscomorphot 8/x1.5 no chance...  

I've been getting increasingly fed up with Ebay & some of the bullshit prices that arise!

So I do think it is forums like this that should point the finger & warn people not to go crazy - there is a recession on, isn't there?

We know lots of people look here & I hope they would ask questions before slapping down stupid money - that's how it all starts.  

I'm all for sharing & always have been.

What really gets my goat is the idiots that over pay, then pass that on to the next idiot who comes along & then use the trumped up excuse of "Its the Market Price!"

No its not!

If you really want to know what the Market Price is for something, then start the bidding at £0 or don't you guys have the balls!

The Moller would easily hit £1000, the Iscomorphot 8/x1.5 no chance...  

I've been getting increasingly fed up with Ebay & some of the bullshit prices that arise!

So I do think it is forums like this that should point the finger & warn people not to go crazy - there is a recession on, isn't there?

We know lots of people look here & I hope they would ask questions before slapping down stupid money - that's how it all starts.  

You can not save world with such a language! You should probably be more polite! It is my money and I can spend it in whatever way I want to, idiot is who decides about what actually not belong him with such a none sense words!

Also, it seems that your reference price about bolex moller is not accurate as your imaginary hints about iscomorphot. Here is a grasp of bolex moller lenses sold on ebay at the last two months, all from £400 to £600 and not £1000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolex-Anamorphot-8-19-1-5x-Konverter-System-Moller-/370865189754?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objetivanschl%C3%BCsse_Adapter&hash=item565949b37a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130965003364?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bolex-Anamorphat-16-32-1-5x-Cinematograpy-Lens-Moller-769662-Germany-/181156061447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2dbe2107

And here is the last sold iscomorphot lens:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iscomorphot-rare-anamorphic-lens-Baby-Iscorama-/130970473724?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item1e7e72d4fc

I hope it is my last comment on this post, probably there are better ways to spend my time.

Thanks!

You can not save world with such a language! You should probably be more polite! It is my money and I can spend it in whatever way I want to, idiot is who decides about what actually not belong him with such a none sense words!

Also, it seems that your reference price about bolex moller is not accurate as your imaginary hints about iscomorphot. Here is a grasp of bolex moller lenses sold on ebay at the last two months, all from £400 to £600 and not £1000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolex-Anamorphot-8-19-1-5x-Konverter-System-Moller-/370865189754?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objetivanschl%C3%BCsse_Adapter&hash=item565949b37a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130965003364?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bolex-Anamorphat-16-32-1-5x-Cinematograpy-Lens-Moller-769662-Germany-/181156061447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2dbe2107

And here is the last sold iscomorphot lens:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iscomorphot-rare-anamorphic-lens-Baby-Iscorama-/130970473724?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item1e7e72d4fc

I hope it is my last comment on this post, probably there are better ways to spend my time.

Thanks!

So ok my last post about this just because this was sooooo wrong & the seller thought he could argue his way out of it!

The most recent auction - £431.10

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iscomorphot-8-1-5x-isco-gottingen-anamorphic-lens-/221205698507?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item3380e317cb

And another for a huge.....£232!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300826127886

$2000?!!!!!

Complete & Utter BS!!!!!

A real Deal of the Century!

I really hope you slime your way back to Ebay & Stay There!

On a more pleasant note - nice to see the Moller's have come down in price!