Digital Bolex firsts raw Video

timpy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think Digital Bolex is doing everything right, they are sold as advertised, it's not so much about making films as being cool in the way you pretend to make films in front of your friends.

If there were a half dozen people demanding everyone scream their praises on every online forum and a full court press to work up a frenzy over it it would not be cool. It's just some quirky oddity like steampunk gear and handlebar mustaches. For people who can afford to do things in style, like Leica wearers.

Takes me back to when I was considering pledging for a Digital Bolex on Kickstarter:

Q: "How sure is it that the camera will come out
(I am not asking if it comes out by August necessarily, but that it comes out at all?)"

A: "I fully understand your dilemma, we are 100% dedicated to this project and our backers. I assure you that if we thought there was a chance the cameras would not be delivered we; Elle, Stelio, Ienso, Bolex International, and myself, would not associate our names and reputation to the project. There is always a chance that an overwhelming disaster happens that somehow makes it not possible, but short of a major natural disaster, I give you my personal word you will get your camera."

I'm so glad I didn't end up going for it and pre-ordered a Blackmagic Cinema Camera a few months later instead  ;)

The footage looks quite nice but after a couple of years, only producing a few frames isn't very impressive. WHEN is it coming out? I think they also missed the train in terms of pricing. It was a good deal if it had come out when it was supposed to. Now they will be fighting BMD cameras, Canon Raw hack cameras and God knows which 4K cameras will come out over the next couple of years from anything from cell phone manufacturers to other small outfits. (Not saying a 4K cell phone is very interesting, but it shows how much chipsets have come down in price...)