They did it! Fuji GFX 100 first to bring pro video specs to medium format with 10bit 4K at 400Mbit, F-LOG and IBIS

Mako Sports

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
28 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Very true, but I admit the Panny S1 is hands down to me the best output of all the FF cameras now. It is damn impressive. But yeah Sony is in a enviable position.

Seems like they are confident their mirrorless lenses will sell. Maybe they are counting on the new guys buying it while the DSLR users slowly die out. I don't know. 

Sony certainly was the front runner for mirrorless as well as Panasonic, though they got into the full frame game too damn late. The Pana S1 is definitely nice though I feel like Canon and Sony are both cooking up something big. 

On 5/25/2019 at 10:16 PM, kaylee said:

giphy.gif

That is not what I mean. Having attention showered on you and using something are completely different. He "knows" that a camera will provide a wider audience to his theatrics, but how it is actually used or how it works he is probably clueless. I doubt he has ever taken a photo in his life. People like him are like that, they are used to other people doing everything while they swan around like lords. He epitomizes what it means to be elite and he basks in that. 

I have never understood why blue collar folk idolize him when he represents the very things they despise. Are they really that stupid? I guess Hillary was right, and half of them really are a basket of deplorables who will fall for any conman who tells them what they want to hear.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:36 AM, Andrew Reid said:

Detail holding up very well from such a high resolution pixel binning sensor.

The 5 axis IBIS has a lot of jitter and doesn't seem to be working to stop rotational jitter, but then it is shot by a talentless idiot.

A well worn Tony thing is whenever he doesn't get invited with his fellow diva children of the camera press to a nice jaunt / holiday, he goes off on one of his rants making sure he name checks the company who smited the chosen one.

The biggest names Fuji chose for the trip were Johnnie B and Gordon L, those well known celebrities of the camera kingdom.... Who will sit on the throne at the end? It's a fight to the death and there is only room for one ego in the YouTube camera review community.

He is entitled to his opinion, just like anyone else. If people want conformational bias then they would only watch commentators who generally conform to their expectations. For a well rounded objective view however you should listen to a wide range of commentary. You might not agree with everything people have to say, but sometimes the truth is not always what one wants to hear, and even if an opinion is counter to one's own, the internal argument in your mind does strengthen and test your own rationale. Refusal to hear an opposing opinion leads to much of the negative behaviours we see on the web IMO. You can see some of that in a few of the posts here, where some of the counterpoints are about his appearance, manners and such, not what he is actually talking about. Is that the best counter argument that those folk can come up with? it makes one wonder :)

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

Frankein rig from ALPA:

I would hate to cage this beast. For me this camera would be mainly for stills. Even though from what I've seen it can produce a lovely image for video also.

It would be great to see more footage from this camera. This is, imo, one of the most tempting cameras of late. It's more of a "nice to have" than a "must have" for me... though I am very tempted. 

• 2 weeks later...

The prototype of a video-centric variant - GFX100V is currently being tested in Austria. It uses a speed optimised model of the 100MP MF sensor IMX461XTK with advanced readout methods (including no crop 4:3 output for 2x anamorphic lenses).

IBIS is absent.

Wow, this is awesome. I was a bit on the fence after seeing the massive rolling shutter of the GFX 100. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. 

The prototype of a video-centric variant - GFX100V is currently being tested in Austria. It uses a speed optimised model of the 100MP MF sensor IMX461XTK with advanced readout methods (including no crop 4:3 output for 2x anamorphic lenses).

IBIS is absent.

no ibis. sorry but i really don't get why a camera company puts ibis in a photo camera and take it off the video oriented camera. makes no sense to me.

1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

no ibis. sorry but i really don't get why a camera company puts ibis in a photo camera and take it off the video oriented camera. makes no sense to me.

I think it is because a sensor with Ibis doesn't sit tight Even with Ibis turned off, so when you are using a rig, the sensor moves around a bit, which is ok for stills but not for video pros.

that camera will be more expensive for shure, but if it has raw, slowmo, and low Rolling shutter ir would be ideal for me.

1 minute ago, Nikkor said:

I think it is because a sensor with Ibis doesn't sit tight Even with Ibis turned off, so when you are using a rig, the sensor moves around a bit, which is ok for stills but not for video pros.

that camera will be more expensive for shure, but if it has raw, slowmo, and low Rolling shutter ir would be ideal for me.

heu... there are many video dslrs that have ibis, gh5, S1, a7S...

14 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

heu... there are many video dslrs that have ibis, gh5, S1, a7S...

Yes but most of the video centric versions ditch IBIS.. GH5S(No IBIS) S1H(No IBIS) etc... Certainly no professional cinema cameras have IBIS. For me I see IBIS as great for stills... horrible for video; it can sometimes warp the image and ruin the shot. This is understandable as the sensor is also correcting for yaw and pitch. If IBIS only corrected for X Y axises. I believe this would not be such a problem. I feel ultimately, EIS, as seen on the Osmo Action and GoPro... but with better quality, will be the future for cinema. And with large sensors like this, it would be very feasible. 

Nikon-Z7-IBIS.jpg

24 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Yes but most of the video centric versions ditch IBIS.. GH5S(No IBIS) S1H(No IBIS) etc... Certainly no professional cinema cameras have IBIS. For me I see IBIS as great for stills... horrible for video; it can sometimes warp the image and ruin the shot. This is understandable as the sensor is also correcting for yaw and pitch. If IBIS only corrected for X Y axises. I believe this would not be such a problem. I feel ultimately, EIS, as seen on the Osmo Action and GoPro... but with better quality, will be the future for cinema. And with large sensors like this, it would be very feasible. 

kinda why I plan to go with a A6400 over an A6500 for my B cam.

5 hours ago, androidlad said:

IBIS is absent.

? Thank you @androidlad for all that you share here.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:54 AM, androidlad said:

IBIS is absent.

Where did you hear this? There seem to be zero rumors out regarding this.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:47 AM, webrunner5 said:

Well Tony says the Fuji GFX mount is a dead duck down the road, L mount also. Don't put any, much money into it. No real market for it, probably true. Interesting video.

All tech is a dead down the road, and your thinking is faulty if you don't understand this.  The third biggest gamble in this stuff is buying into a system with the assumption that the extra lenses or features you need will be released at some point in the future, the second biggest gamble is that this is the right tech for your particular needs, and the biggest gamble of all is that you'll be able to create work that justifies spending all this money in the first place.

Well you really Have to believe in some things or you never do anything. But the money you have is a pretty big factor in all things in life. If you have Millions of Dollars loosing 50,000 Dollars is no big deal. If you are making 40,000 Dollars a year, loosing 50,000 you are probably nearly bankrupt. So everyone has different thresholds.

First proper video I've shot on the GFX 100:

Didn't have much to knock this together, but the camera did a pretty respectable job, especially as the last two shots are at 2000 ISO. The whole video was shot in Eterna.

Unfortunately, the DR+ profile did not seem to be functioning properly, so blacks were quite crushed in the captured footage, unlike what I was seeing in my histogram and external monitor. I'm optimistic that this will be fixed when we get production cameras.