They did it! Fuji GFX 100 first to bring pro video specs to medium format with 10bit 4K at 400Mbit, F-LOG and IBIS

Mako Sports

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Note that 4K on GFX100 has no supersampling, it's derived from weighted binning + some line-skipping from the full width of the sensor, using a 11bit lower precision ADC. In terms of pure image quality, it won't be as good as X-T3 4K, but you get the "MF" look.

2 hours ago, androidlad said:

Note that 4K on GFX100 has no supersampling, it's derived from weighted binning + some line-skipping from the full width of the sensor, using a 11bit lower precision ADC. In terms of pure image quality, it won't be as good as X-T3 4K, but you get the "MF" look.

Hmm, I'll wait for the next sensor. 

• Administrators

fuji-gfx-100-4k.jpg

The 100 megapixel monster announced at Photokina last year has landed.

The Fuji GFX 100 will be shipping from June 30th and it is far better from a video perspective than I imagined.

In fact in many ways, you are looking at the best studio and mirrorless camera ever made, as far as the specs sheet goes.

That larger-than-full frame 44 x 33mm sensor is going to cost you over the usual 36 x 24mm though...

Compared to a high-spec $2000 full frame camera the GFX 100 is $10,000. Even so, this smashes a barrier for medium format pricing compared to the first one to shoot 4K, the $28,000 Hasselblad H6D 100C.

Read the full article

4 hours ago, androidlad said:

Well, let's be fair; supersampling what would effectively be a 12K image down to 4K would be complete overkill, and almost certainly would barbecue the sensor. Maybe if they dropped down to supersampling from an APS-C equivalent region that'd be workable, but then you may as well just use an X-T3.

• Super Members

Nice camera. For sure. If I had a professional need for it I would love it. But it would never be able to keep up with the work I do.

For hobby use.. staring at my Kipon medium format speedbooster that lets me shoot 400mbit Log with a lesser crop factor than the Fuji... and then over to the $10k which I don't have to spend on camera gear... Pass ;)

But maybe a rental for fun or a specific project in the future.

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

It's funny that they'll have leap frogged everyone by ignoring full frame and instead bringing affordable medium format to consumers. By the time full frame becomes old hat and everyone starts looking at medium format, they'll already be ahead of everyone in the market. 

I would think you could put a Speedbooster on say a A7r mk III in s35 mode and be close to the size of the Fuji Sensor. It really is not that big of a sensor size wise for MF. Unless you need the form factor I see no reason to buy it other than the IBIS, which is nice. I would rather have a used Hassy to be honest, and the Phase One body is a thing of beauty.

3 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Nice camera. For sure. If I had a professional need for it I would love it. But it would never be able to keep up with the work I do.

For hobby use.. staring at my Kipon medium format speedbooster that lets me shoot 400mbit Log with a lesser crop factor than the Fuji... and then over to the $10k which I don't have to spend on camera gear... Pass ;)

But maybe a rental for fun or a specific project in the future.

You can put a a speedbooster on this thing too. Imax.

8 hours ago, David Bowgett said:

Well, let's be fair; supersampling what would effectively be a 12K image down to 4K would be complete overkill, and almost certainly would barbecue the sensor. Maybe if they dropped down to supersampling from an APS-C equivalent region that'd be workable, but then you may as well just use an X-T3.

According to the Fuji guy in the Three Blind Men and an Elephant video, "It's actually shooting 11K and downresing it." So, take that for whatever it means.

wow! this thing is really something, cant wait to see some files from it...

would u guys please explain to me, like im 4 years old, what the glass options are for this camera...?

"Well Kaylee, it's bigger than full frame so..."

im dumb