The strong ARM of the law - Leica and DJI may be swept up in Trump's blacklisting war, as Huawei suppliers melt away under pressure

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Deregulated environmental destruction, and diverting tax revenue from schools, hospitals, etc. to fund obsolete and dirty factory jobs, more like.

So says you... with zero proof to back your claim... so it's true, because you said it is? We like clean air and water as much a you do. We have cleaner modern techniques to produce goods here.  And until goods are "obsolete", the factories and jobs that produce them will remain neccessary. 

Things are booming here. The water is clean and the air is fresh. I'm afraid you have been greatly misinformed. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Well, I'd add then, no much different than Trumpists' propaganda to say the least... more prone to call it 'fake news' instead LOL when the numbers show a different reality as matter of fact:

image.thumb.png.d77c93c9a9f01c45ceacbe5804141cc1.png

What's the unemployment rate in the U.S.A right now? It's 3.6%  show us the chart for this going back to 2010. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, DBounce said:

Things are booming here. The water is clean and the air is fresh. I'm afraid you have been greatly misinformed. 

Yes sure.

Tell that to the people of Michigan and those living close to the Mississippi River.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2019/may/06/cancertown-louisana-reserve-special-report

Yes sure.

Tell that to the people of Michigan and those living close to the Mississippi River.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2019/may/06/cancertown-louisana-reserve-special-report

This has NOTHING to do with any regulations that have been lifted under the current administration. From the article you posted:

"Reserve sits in the heart of an industrial corridor between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. For more than 30 years, it has been known to many of its residents as “Cancer Alley”. That designation stems from the toxic pollution that is belched out from chemical plants along the serpentine squiggles of the lower Mississippi River."

I'll add one additional thought... by an intriguing coincidence Michigan has solidly voted Democate for the past 30 years; It was flipped by the narrowest margin ( less than 1%) in 2016. 

Thank goodness the air in the USA hasn't fallen to UK air quality levels. Seriously, what the heck is going on there?

Yes sure.

Realistically the US economy isnt doing that well. If you plot the US public fiscal deficit against unemployment ,,,,

10_16_18.png.2f8945b6226ebc2d67dbb9bf57f14bf8.pngu6-unemployment-rate-2019-05-26-macrotrends.png.fbe91de3ec12b1af7b6a78e4d0cd02ff.png

..you will see that the deficit is 'rising' near 'full employment' - essentially the economy is being 'pump primed' at its limits unlike '2000' and '2006'. Essentially it isnt difficult to show the appearance of 'growth' if you cut taxes and increase spending (or simply borrow more) but you are simply spending at the expense of future generations.

1 hour ago, Robert Collins said:

Realistically the US economy isnt doing that well. If you plot the US public fiscal deficit against unemployment ,,,,

10_16_18.png.2f8945b6226ebc2d67dbb9bf57f14bf8.pngu6-unemployment-rate-2019-05-26-macrotrends.png.fbe91de3ec12b1af7b6a78e4d0cd02ff.png

..you will see that the deficit is 'rising' near 'full employment' - essentially the economy is being 'pump primed' at its limits unlike '2000' and '2006'. Essentially it isnt difficult to show the appearance of 'growth' if you cut taxes and increase spending (or simply borrow more) but you are simply spending at the expense of future generations.

Man you are working hard to paint a grim picture.. but meanwhile back in the real world, even the anti-Trump media has to admit things are looking up:

Washington Post

CNN (aka: Clinton News Network)

NBC

Deal with it!

1 hour ago, DBounce said:

Man you are working hard to paint a grim picture.. but meanwhile back in the real world (...)

Deal with it!

Real world?! LOL Indeed! To begin with yourself... Speaking of devil, that year of 2000 was the last year of Clinton and the following result of his administration. Remarkable for America and the world translated in numbers BTW, let's be fair... "Clinton presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history" (not my words now, google it ; )

People had the luxury to focus on sexual affairs then (not anymore) go figure! : D

I guess this tells a bit on those golden times...

While 2009, Obama's response to the crisis opened with the real estate bubble of previous years (let's not mention who was in charge for a couple of reasons being free market one of them but also those red bars during the period of war) + the Lehman Brothers crash.

https://www.investopedia.com/features/crashes/crashes9.asp

Man, seems just a few people over here must learn a bit of Economics and History! ; -)

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Real world?! LOL Indeed! To begin with yourself... Speaking of devil, that year of 2000 was the last year of Clinton and the following result of his administration. Remarkable for America and the world translated in numbers BTW, let's be fair... "Clinton presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history" (not my words now, google it ; )

People had the luxury to focus on sexual affairs then (not anymore) go figure! : D

I guess this tells a bit on those golden times...

While 2009, Obama's response to the crisis opened with the real estate bubble of previous years (let's not mention who was in charge for a couple of reasons being free market one of them but also those red bars during the period of war) + the Lehman Brothers crash.

https://www.investopedia.com/features/crashes/crashes9.asp

Man, seems just a few people over here must learn a bit of Economics and History! ; -)

He who is without sin as they say. That mess happened all around the world. Portugal was in big trouble all the way back in 2001. It was a Global Crisis. Plenty blame to go around. It's always all about the money, or the lack of there in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–14_Portuguese_financial_crisis

22 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

He who is without sin as they say. That mess happened all around the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–14_Portuguese_financial_crisis

Despite my disdain for the Portuguese Prime Minister of the previous years to that period, responding nowadays in Courts to the most severe accusations of bribery, corruption, money laundering and tax evasion (the main investigator is one of my childhood's best friends BTW), his crazy debt illness also found grounds from the most terrible economic crisis in US and its international turmoil since World War II with higher interest rates to put his national debt on red.

What affects America, affects the world.

Perhaps U.S. President should be elected for a wider population in fact.

Clinton's:

"economic growth (around 4% annually) and record job creation (22.7 million)"

This is real world.

E : -)

Oh I don't doubt America has a Huge influence on what happens all around the world. But being an armchair quarterback is pretty easy looking back. And sure who would not give Clinton credit for a pretty smooth 8 years other than his impeachment stuff and, No I didn't have sex thing lol. He did sort of like women a bit too much. ?

I am kind of a Trump fan as to the shaking up Washington, but he does do some dumb stuff. But I think his main goals have legs to stand on. Past Presidents have just pushed stuff aside and let it all get out of hand. If this Global thing is going to work it Has to be fair to everyone. I am sorry but China is really not playing by the rules. I don't care if they are or want to be number 1, just treat countries with respect and not try and exploit every little move they can get away with. We all have the same dreams and goals. Why try to screw each other now that the world has shrunk down to the size of a basketball in terms of the speed and time it takes to contact, and go nearly anywhere in a few hours, or in nano seconds on the internet.

12 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I see China as a fair player, they've just learned the rules of market economy better than the rest of the world... LOL : -)

Well we are both looking at China for a whole different environment from the EU and here in America. I personally think past CEO's ought to have their ass beat to put profits ahead of jobs here. The god damn stock market is close to the worse thing ever invented in this county, and setting CEO's wages to it was just about the dumbest ass thing you could ever do. It is all about greed, and greed just screws the average person down the line. Like I have said before, it is all about the money.

Rich people would sell their Grandmother for 2 Dollars if they could. I have met and worked around several rich as hell people, and on average they are a total horses ass. They don't give a shit about Anyone, they just use you to make money plain and simple. They make me look like Pope Francis.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DBounce said:

Thank goodness the air in the USA hasn't fallen to UK air quality levels. Seriously, what the heck is going on there?

Considering that UK air pollution is entirely traffic driven, and only on certain days of the year in cities, you'll see similar in LA or New York as well.

It'll come down, once we get over our oil and car obsession. Wonder where that started?!

5 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Ford first to mass production.

Trust the Americans to blame the Germans.

You said who started it... it started with the internal combustion engine powered automobile... and that’s the work of Germany.

And regardless of who started it, you are free to ride a horse... or bicycle... or skateboard... or pogo stick. Really it’s all perfectly fine with the rest of the world.

You aren’t actually making a case against the industrial revolution are you? 

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

No, but you are. The Chinese industrial and tech revolution isn't ok with you is it?

The Chinese can have whatever Industrial Revolution they want. The problem with the “Chinese tech revolution” is their revolution involves stealing technology from the West.