Panasonic FF L-mount Cine camera coming

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

After being disappointed by Sony video features in the a6600 flagship... and the a7riv flagship which neither offer 4k60p. Theres is still no 10 bit. Its pathetic and imho they have become the new canon.

They dont want to cannibalize their fs sales..

So the A7siii we all been waiting for.. Will not be able to compete let along be in same ballpark of s1h unless Sony goes back to being a great innovator and stop worrying about cannabilize sales.

Fuji apsc has 4k 60p.. 180fps 1080..

No cinema line to protect..

Z6 and z7 offer raw firmware 12 bit external..

No cinema line to protect..

Canon still no 4k 60p.

Sony still no 4k60p.

But Panasonic changes the game and innovates. They have cinema line.. eva1 and varicam.. but they come with it and go all in but differentiate prosumer vs pro grade film.

No SDI... use hdmi instead..

No variable ND filter...

Plus a few other things pros need or want and will pay $10k plus per camera.

Also using same color science as top of line gear shows strategy of these being b cams and c cams.. Panasonic strategy will pay off for them.

Sales of s1 and s1r have been bad!!

But s1h will be a top seller.

And if Sony dont bring it with the A7siii I will be investing in L mount and s1h.

Only reason I have not is I'm invested heavily in E mount glass. Prob should have bought EF glass but wanted fast AF and speeds.

Sonya new AF is crazy good and Panasonic is no where close to it. Canon is catching up but aren't there.

But what no1 says is for pro cameras' they are all manual focus.  You got pols livelihoods who pull focus for a living.

All cine glass is manual focus. Especially anamorphic glass. So ppl using s1h and other cine gear most will use manual lenses.

So no matter how great Sony af is . Means nothing for cinegear.

Another reason Sony dont need to hold back on A7Siii. They need to bring it and compete with s1h and fs5ii.

1. 10bit 4k 60p internal

2. Near global shutter

3. Venice color science

4. Pro res raw 12 bit external over hdmi

5. New codec possibly?

6. 1080p 240fps 10bit down sampled from full frame readout

7. 5.6 evf

8. Cooling system unlimited record time

9. New aspect ratios open gate

10. Anamorphic modes and desqueeze built in

11. New AF system built in w PDAF Eye AF video

12. All priced under $4k

I will cross my fingers and hope Sony brings it! But if they don't S1H here I come. This is an industry game changer.  Not like these 2 yr old cameras sensors are sensors Sony cant get their hands on.

41 minutes ago, Vision said:

I think Sony is making something that will surprise us ! Venice colour and 10bit the main reason a7riv dint received any video features  i think is due to heat issues the body is to small for that kinda power to proceed

Someone shed some light please? 

i doubt sony is ready.

with the releases of the bmpcc6k and the S1h if i was sony i would have done some kind of teaser at least to "kill" the attraction of this 2 cameras and have people to wait for the official annoucement of a new cam.

the didn't move an inch.

but maybe they're terrible at marketing

1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

but maybe they're terrible at marketing

No, Sony is really great at marketing and feeding the YouTube hype machine.

They just don’t have something ready yet.

Sony likes to push numbers. It’s going to be an 8K camera with 4k60p WITH a crop of some sort. My guess is they don’t want to compromise on form factor.

Panasonic just made it work. If they ever figure out their AF I wouldn’t buy any other camera as they get ALOT right in there gear.

I don't think Sony is capable of putting out an A7Siii that can meet people's expectations right now. 

At minimum people will expect 4K60p in 10 bit 4:2:2, right? Think about how massive of a technological jump that is from anything they've released in the A7 series so far. I think it's telling that not only did they not do 4K60p or 10 bit in the newest A7R but they didn't even increase the data rate for 4K at all, which is something Sony shooters have been asking for for years. 

Can they double the frame rate, do 10 bit, and have the data rates needed for those advancements? If the A7RIV and A6600 are any indication, I gotta say I'm pretty skeptical. 

Maybe it's the segmentation game, but I'm really not sure why you'd leave 4K60p, even in 8 bit, out of a $3,500 camera unless you're just not able to do it. I think I'd have to ask the same question for the $1400 flagship APSC camera too. 

Sony has been very smart. It's hard to imagine that they've decided to coast, especially given the rapid developments over the last year. 

3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I don't know, I feel like 10 bit isn't a must have for most people. 

I think 4k 60p no crop with Sony's latest AF would make it the number one camera. Get rid of overheating and have a Venice color option and they are pretty golden. 10 bit out would be cool too. 

I'd say it also depends on the max resolution the A7sIII could shoot and how long it takes Panasonic and Atomos to get their "S1H can shoot some form of RAW out via external monitor" upgrade going. If that's already available to customers by the time Sony announces the A7sIII and the most that it has to offer is "Sony AF, Venice color, and 4K 60p no crop" with the same 8-bit limited codecs that they've been using this whole time, that might dissuade a number of customers from bothering with that camera. Especially if they don't include a flip-out screen. 

with Sony s-log 2 and particularly slog 3 seem to need 10 bit to work properly, the 8 bit version on the a6300 and A7s i tried were prone to banding and other strange artifacts - Canon clog and even Fuji f-log seem to be more forgiving in 8 bit (although it's nice to have the 10 bit internal with Fuji)

8 hours ago, Vintage Jimothy said:

I'd say it also depends on the max resolution the A7sIII could shoot and how long it takes Panasonic and Atomos to get their "S1H can shoot some form of RAW out via external monitor" upgrade going. If that's already available to customers by the time Sony announces the A7sIII and the most that it has to offer is "Sony AF, Venice color, and 4K 60p no crop" with the same 8-bit limited codecs that they've been using this whole time, that might dissuade a number of customers from bothering with that camera. Especially if they don't include a flip-out screen. 

This will be even more true if that atomos statement somebody linked to from instagram about the S1H being able to achieve 4k60p in full frame mode when externally recorded turns out to be accurate. 

2 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I think a lot of people would go for Sony for the great auto focus, plus a lot of people already have sony glass. 

Sony seems to be focused (pun intended) on getting their great tracking AF into all the latest models.

It would seem to sell cameras more than 8K or 4k60p. It’s the highlight feature in every review. 

34 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

Sony seems to be focused (pun intended) on getting their great tracking AF into all the latest models.

It would seem to sell cameras more than 8K or 4k60p. It’s the highlight feature in every review. 

Yeah and I think they are making a good move. Being in focus is more important that vibrant 10 bit color. 

I'd even likely buy a A74 if the only update was no record limits and no overheating in 4k. Something with super reliable auto focus is very important to me. Using HLG is kind of the color workaround for Sony although everyone I know still uses SLOG2 and they don't seem to care either.