Panasonic FF L-mount Cine camera coming

ntblowz

On 5/31/2019 at 7:05 AM, Laurier said:

For the FS7 and C300, from decent size commercials sets, to well produced MV to people run and gunning in the street of London, interviews/corporate ect, on the top end I see mostly Alexa mini and some reds. But yeah , a lot of Fs7 here in london.

Every man and his dog seems to have a FS7 in most parts of the developed world. 

Definitely by far the most popular low/mid budget camera here in NZ as well. 

With Arri Mini being the normal standard for any project with more of a budget. 

On 6/1/2019 at 2:16 AM, DBounce said:

The cost of lighting and availability of tools such as gimbals, motorized sliders etc..., are not only lower,  but many of these tools did not even exist back then.

We're only in the very early days of the LED lighting revolution. 

Which will in a long run be a massive came changer for low budget cinematography. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, IronFilm said:

Every man and his dog seems to have a FS7 in most parts of the developed world. 

Definitely by far the most popular low/mid budget camera here in NZ as well. 

With Arri Mini being the normal standard for any project with more of a budget. 

Exactly the same here.

Even though people love the C series, just can't justify the price and "limited" features.

It's not even close.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:16 AM, DBounce said:

Collaboration and distribution are easier and more accessible than ever before. 

Absolutely! Social media (for both collaboration & distribution) and online streaming services has made life much better for indie filmmakers. 

5 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Exactly the same here.

Even though people love the C series, just can't justify the price and "limited" features.

It's not even close.

I have a few times worked on C300mk2 shoots, but I work with a FS7 a dozen times for every once with a C300mk2!

Used to sometimes work with a C100 camera of some flavor, but I haven't even once in a couple of years. 

And have worked a couple of times each worked on a shoot with a C500/C200

C700? Never. 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:52 PM, Video Hummus said:

image.png.39c5f64828c5048fe7ed9aeb0858a6e3.png

This single photo tells us more than that whole press conference. What. The. Hell.

1. Active cooling.

2. Flip screen.

What else does it have that they neglected to leave out of an important press announcement? 

How many people have been screaming for a capable full frame camera with a flip screen?!

God, they bungled this announcement. They needed to create buzz and excitement.

But the Canon EOS R has been named the most underrated camera of 2019 by Matti Hapaaja. Never mind it’s only June 2019. Never mind he received two free cameras from canon and “wasn’t paid” for his views. Uh huh.

Boogles my mind that Panasonic did not try to hype this up. I mean canon can hype a 5DIV in 2019 (EOS R).

So true, I had to quote this post. Is worth repeating. 

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

So true, I had to quote this post. Is worth repeating. 

I want to love this camera. Let's hope that Panasonic can pull off an AF system worthy of a 2019~2020 flagship hybrid camera. AF is currently Panasonic's  Achilles heel. They are killing it on almost every other point. I don't mind IBIS... if lockable, like the Nikon's. 

It just a little thing,  and I know it makes zero difference to the performance of the camera,  but am I the only one that is happy that they ditched the 1980s LCD screen for a shiney new Oled? It looks soooo much more modern. Frankly the S1/R look very dated in comparison.

d64d68ba70.jpg

Dear Panasonic,

Can we see more footage? Sharp spherical lenses please. While I love anamorphic (who doesn't?), I'm sure most of us would love to see some imagery using your new L glass... and I'm sure you would love to move some of that glass also... So convince us.

Come to think of it,  do those settings on the top OLED make any sense? WB 12000k, FPS 240, FHD 59.94, shutter speed 1/12000 sec? 

The combination seems very weird to me? I know it's probably just a sticker, but why such a strange combination of settings?

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I want in a cine camera, we must be close to a company providing 

most of these specs in the one body and at a reasonable price.

Panasonic S1 FF Sensor 
Interchangeable L Mount 
Internal 4K 10bit 4:2:2 Recording without crop (24-25fps minimum)
Internal 4K Raw without crop (24-25fps minimum)
Dual IS (internal IS capable of being enabled or disabled)
Dual Pixel AF
2 x XLR’s
5” Daylight viewable Fully articulating touchscreen LCD 
Built in Electronic ND’s 6-8 stops
1 x SD and 1 x Cfast 2.0 Recording Slots
1 X SDI Input/ Output
1 x HDMI Input/ Output
1 x Timecode/Sync Multicam
1 X USBC
1 x Headphone Jack 
2 x Batteries (one in the handgrip and a second under the body of camera)
1 x Locking Lemo Power Connector (rear of camera)

Wireless Control via smart device
Live Streaming
Larger than the current Canon XC15 smaller than the C200
Similar (redesigned) handgrip as XC15 with additional function buttons
6-7 User assignable function buttons
One push AF and Auto Control for run and gun situations

https://www.l-rumors.com/would-you-like-to-get-an-l-mount-panasonic-cinema-camera/

The-Perfect-Filmmakers-Camera--1024x905.

The-Perfect-Filmmakers-Camera-3.png

The-Perfect-Filmmakers-Camera-2-951x1024

15N0476_Evfoo.jpg

11 hours ago, TillHavis said:

By the time a company provides this at an affordable price then we'll all be wanting something else with even MORE

People's wants are unlimited

11 hours ago, TillHavis said:

1 x HDMI Input/ Output

Yes and yes, but must be full sized HDMI!

15 hours ago, TillHavis said:

most of these specs in the one body and at a reasonable price.

Panasonic S1 FF Sensor 
Interchangeable L Mount 
Internal 4K 10bit 4:2:2 Recording without crop (24-25fps minimum)
Internal 4K Raw without crop (24-25fps minimum)
Dual IS (internal IS capable of being enabled or disabled)
Dual Pixel AF
2 x XLR’s
5” Daylight viewable Fully articulating touchscreen LCD 
Built in Electronic ND’s 6-8 stops
1 x SD and 1 x Cfast 2.0 Recording Slots
1 X SDI Input/ Output
1 x HDMI Input/ Output
1 X USBC
1 x Headphone Jack 
2 x Batteries (one in the handgrip and a second under the body of camera)
1 x Locking Lemo Power Connector (rear of camera)

Wireless Control via smart device
Live Streaming
Larger than the current Canon XC15 smaller than the C200
Similar (redesigned) handgrip as XC15 with additional function buttons
6-7 User assignable function buttons
One push AF and Auto Control for run and gun situations.

What price would you call "reasonable" for such a camera? 8.000? 10.000? 12.000? 20.000?

Even if you put 2 or 3 of todays cameras together still do not have everything you list above.

For years I am saying that the XC10/XC15 is a great form factor to build around, I am glad that more people see that and sad that noone has done it yet, not even Canon, that would be such a perfect design for a C100mkIII.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

For years I am saying that the XC10/XC15 is a great form factor to build around, I am glad that more people see that and sad that noone has done it yet, not even Canon, that would be such a perfect design for a C100mkIII.

Exactly. A small C100 III like that would be great place for that line to go. Make it a doc/journalists workhorse that could also be an owner operator’s one man band camera. Just make sure to give it the RF Mount. 

More than anyone, I’d love to see this type of mini cinema camera from Fuji - they have the best lens lineup for Super35 sensor size by far. Or Panasonic with MFT Mount. 

- also I should say that if Panasonic could do it with the L Mount and full frame then by all means, please do. 

With the overall positive reception of the S1 firmware update and the very pleasing image coming out of Panasonic’s new full frame camera, I’m thinking the S1H is going to be something special. The L-mount is building a lot of momentum with Sigmas fp and forthcoming glass and Panasonic’s usual firmware feature bonanza.

Really quite impressed with Panasonic’s push here in a crowded full frame market and grim camera industry outlook.

• 1 month later...

Yeah the things missing from the cameras out these days are either auto focus or unlimited recording/no overheating. 

I'd actually get an A6400 in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the terrible terrible rolling shutter. Great auto focus, no record limit, no overheating. 

Using the XT30 today I was getting a lot of overheating. The 18-55 works great though, just need human detection on the next fuji model, swipe that record limit, and we have a winner. 

I think this camera is DOA. Between the soon to be  announced Sony A7S3 and the hotly anticipated Sigma fp which is also expected not too far after, I believe Panasonic is bringing a knife to a gunfight with the oversized and overpriced S1H. And if the S1H fails the future of Panasonic's L-mount cameras may well be in doubt.