Panasonic FF L-mount Cine camera coming

ntblowz

56 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

That's the really interesting thing about all of this, honestly. This, at the very least, puts pressure on Sony and Canon in both their mirrorless AND cinema lines. 

The A7Siii will need to bring specs that are at least in the ball park, if not equal, to the S1H. Because even if they manage to do everything this camera can do in 4K, Panasonic upped the stakes by adding full frame 6K. And while I'm one of those people that is pretty vocal about not needing anything above 4K, I do realize that having 5.9K/6K is a selling point to some and ultimately puts them ahead in what feels like a race to higher and higher resolutions. 

If the A7Siii doesn't match the capabilities of the S1H and doesn't have an attractive price, it isn't gonna be a good look for Sony. 

It also puts pressure on Sony and Canon's cinema lines. The C200, C300, FS5 MK II, FS7 MK II, etc. have their strengths, obviously, but all of them are substantially more expensive than the SH1 and don't have a full frame sensor. And will anyone be shocked if Panasonic goes the Nikon route and works with Atomos to get raw via HDMI working? That's a pretty compelling alternative for users at that level. 

Also how does all this affect the GH6, both in terms of specs and price? 

Unless I missed something, there's no crop. It's full frame. 

I think that's why people were saying it was a game changer; it really shakes things up. 

The A7SIII will not be announced until Nov. with a Feb 2020 release date. Just my opinion because Sony needed to wait until everyone released their cameras in 2019. The S1Hot - has upped the game for everyone including Sony, Nikon and Fuji just on specs alone. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

BEHOLD, YE FLIPPY SCREEN!!! 

Why the heck would they leave out this tidbit of information?... With this single morsel we have a full frame successor to the GH5/S. 

I wonder what else they “forgot” to mention? Let’s hope PDAF. That would make this camera the full package in many people’s eye. I think with those two boxes checked it’s a quick sale. 

7E61A3C8-0F87-43A7-A1D0-6926C21FE744.jpeg

3 hours ago, anonim said:

I will not bet that S1H will not have it... As I understand Panasonic intention, this poor news is just for testing pulse and reactions of user base -  (And for my taste it is not just poor news, but little bit poor attitude in general.)

The reviews mention better "image stabilization" is improved. Did everyone miss this?

4K oversampled from 6K

"With a completely new sensor, the camera now does a 6K full pixel readout to produce ‘perfect’ oversampled 4K video.  At the same time the image stabilization is also more improved."

http://thenewcamera.com/panasonic-s1h-camera-press-release-full-specification-and-intro-videos/?fbclid=IwAR13sfO2ASgqwWoY05mKtGHkiDFAU1lZmjcORO1x2r0uNsh6atQLRy6Pw30

16 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

You can't say the EOS R is in the same quality bracket as the S1H. You posted 7th grader comments about the EOS R having quality and features that the S1H does not. Other cameras have a crop factor when upping the fps or bit rate. The EOS R has a crop just because it's the CANON EOS R and that kinda really sucks. Wouldn't ya say?

I never said there was anything wrong with the iq of the S-series. In fact I said it quite good. Is it better than the Canon? Sure it’s more detailed. It’s technically superior for sure regarding sensor dr, detail etc... But it has serious flaws with AF. 

10 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I never said there was anything wrong with the iq of the S-series. In fact I said it quite good. Is it better than the Canon? Sure it’s more detailed. It’s technically superior for sure regarding sensor dr, detail etc... But it has serious flaws with AF. 

You can say that again!!!, add DPAF to this monster and I am all in, but how it is right now, I am out, I need something for one man crew, a focus puller is not included in my budget, and DPAF is the most important, I don't need out of focus 6K footage.....I need something that I can actually use.

25 minutes ago, DBounce said:

BEHOLD, YE FLIPPY SCREEN!!! 

Why the heck would they leave out this tidbit of information?... With this single morsel we have a full frame successor to the GH5/S. 

I wonder what else they “forgot” to mention? Let’s hope PDAF. That would make this camera the full package in many people’s eye. I think with those two boxes checked it’s a quick sale. 

7E61A3C8-0F87-43A7-A1D0-6926C21FE744.jpeg

Holy shit at you and PDAF. ???

I ALMOST hope Panasonic never does PDAF just to spite the people that never shut up about it.

39 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

There of course are big advantages to shooting with an URSA. If the Panasonic delivers similar dynamic range though for most projects the S1H will deliver a cleaner, more detailed image. With 10 bit 422 you'll be able to do more with color than most people need. 

Even with my Fuji XT3 I am finding when I go to edit I am rarely ever thinking I wish I had more dynamic range or that there isn't enough color information. Low light is the one area where the Fuji does suffer compared to full frame. 

And some real low-light creds. URSA tops out at 1600 ISO vs 12800.

Just now, newfoundmass said:

Holy shit at you and PDAF. ???

I ALMOST hope Panasonic never does PDAF just to spite the people that never shut up about it.

That’s like cutting off their nose to spite their face.

The S1 with internal 10-bit 4k 60p, without a crop.

6k and almost 6k in Anamorphic. 

And an Articulating screen, which looks like an S1 with an attachment.

There is an improvement over the S1, even if it's not as major as one was hoping. Plus a $1300 price difference.

Just out of curiosity, how well is Panasonic's S lineup selling, in comparison with other full frame mirrorless cameras. 

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

That's the really interesting thing about all of this, honestly. This, at the very least, puts pressure on Sony and Canon in both their mirrorless AND cinema lines. 

The A7Siii will need to bring specs that are at least in the ball park, if not equal, to the S1H. Because even if they manage to do everything this camera can do in 4K, Panasonic upped the stakes by adding full frame 6K. And while I'm one of those people that is pretty vocal about not needing anything above 4K, I do realize that having 5.9K/6K is a selling point to some and ultimately puts them ahead in what feels like a race to higher and higher resolutions. 

If the A7Siii doesn't match the capabilities of the S1H and doesn't have an attractive price, it isn't gonna be a good look for Sony. 

It also puts pressure on Sony and Canon's cinema lines. The C200, C300, FS5 MK II, FS7 MK II, etc. have their strengths, obviously, but all of them are substantially more expensive than the SH1 and don't have a full frame sensor. And will anyone be shocked if Panasonic goes the Nikon route and works with Atomos to get raw via HDMI working? That's a pretty compelling alternative for users at that level. 

Yeah this makes things VERY interesting, Sony might have to convert its current line up from 4K to 6K capabilities sooner they than wanted. Also maybe this will make Fuji go back to the drawing board for the XH2. 

I doubt Canon will have any response to this though... Lets not forget their response to the A7iii was the EOS R 

19 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

Yeah this makes things VERY interesting, Sony might have to convert its current line up from 4K to 6K capabilities sooner they than wanted. Also maybe this will make Fuji go back to the drawing board for the XH2. 

I doubt Canon will have any response to this though... Lets not forget their response to the A7iii was the EOS R 

Not sure about Fuji as they are already doing really well in the APSC camp, at a very low price point. 

But it will definitely give Sony something to think about and hopefully Canon. 

I have a feeling both Sony and Canon have something in the works though.