Panasonic FF L-mount Cine camera coming

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
25 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Fucks sake.

Well done Panasonic for NOT mentioning one of the biggest changes and leaving it up to some guy at the show with a sneaky shot of the prototype!!!

FB_IMG_1559346622885.jpg.dd15e9673ce26229300ec918661e44c0.jpg

Woah! And check out that fan vent.

Also looks like it will fix my problem with the flip-out screen (blocking the ports or bumping into things that are plugged into the ports) - looks to have enough room to at least tilt 45-degrees or so without bumping into the HDMI chord and should clear the microphone and headphone chords completely (though hard to tell).

Love the recessed grip. 

I have a feeling this thing has some more goodies up its sleeve that Panasonic hasn't told us about yet. Let everyone talk about 6K and 10-bit for a couple of months and then drop a few more big things - still holding out hope for internal ND... 

11 minutes ago, crazyrunner33 said:

The 3:2 full frame 6k is great for the marketing world. We normally have to shoot two or three times for 16:9, 1:1 and vertical video. 3:2 gives us a lot more flexibility. 

Framing in post is definitely a thing, but I could never learn to shoot wider than what I needed - my framing while shooting habits were too strong!  The extra resolution definitely wouldn't go astray for you either.

With all the rage of full-frame video on the high-end (C700, Venice, Alexa Mini LF, Monstro, etc), pretty crazy there is a $4k full-frame camera that shoots 6K and does it in what will at least be a 10-bit codec (probably). No, it may not be what everyone wants, but it is quite the accomplishment.

I really do think there are a couple of big features not announced today - probably just in case the A7sIII is announced in the next 3-4 months, Panasonic can come back and say "well, we've got that too!" - the flippy screen is a great example of something they didn't announce and yet, there it is... 

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah we are forgetting 6K is up there with the big boys. When we Really find out all the specs it might be one of the best FF Hybrids you can buy if you are really serious about this stuff. We sure arn't going to buy any of the big boy toys.

That's the really interesting thing about all of this, honestly. This, at the very least, puts pressure on Sony and Canon in both their mirrorless AND cinema lines. 

The A7Siii will need to bring specs that are at least in the ball park, if not equal, to the S1H. Because even if they manage to do everything this camera can do in 4K, Panasonic upped the stakes by adding full frame 6K. And while I'm one of those people that is pretty vocal about not needing anything above 4K, I do realize that having 5.9K/6K is a selling point to some and ultimately puts them ahead in what feels like a race to higher and higher resolutions. 

If the A7Siii doesn't match the capabilities of the S1H and doesn't have an attractive price, it isn't gonna be a good look for Sony. 

It also puts pressure on Sony and Canon's cinema lines. The C200, C300, FS5 MK II, FS7 MK II, etc. have their strengths, obviously, but all of them are substantially more expensive than the SH1 and don't have a full frame sensor. And will anyone be shocked if Panasonic goes the Nikon route and works with Atomos to get raw via HDMI working? That's a pretty compelling alternative for users at that level. 

Also how does all this affect the GH6, both in terms of specs and price? 

18 minutes ago, gethin said:

4k60 ?
1.5x crop ?

It just leads to a load of faff. FOr what I do it wold be quicker to have 2 cameras. 

Unless I missed something, there's no crop. It's full frame. 

7 minutes ago, currensheldon said:

With all the rage of full-frame video on the high-end (C700, Venice, Alexa Mini LF, Monstro, etc), pretty crazy there is a $4k full-frame camera that shoots 6K and does it in what will at least be a 10-bit codec (probably). No, it may not be what everyone wants, but it is quite the accomplishment.

I really do think there are a couple of big features not announced today - probably just in case the A7sIII is announced in the next 3-4 months, Panasonic can come back and say "well, we've got that too!" - the flippy screen is a great example of something they didn't announce and yet, there it is... 

I think that's why people were saying it was a game changer; it really shakes things up. 

2 hours ago, Parker said:

Looks like it does actually have that flippy screen so many were interested in though, so that's good:

FB_IMG_1559346622885.jpg

This single photo tells us more than that whole press conference. What. The. Hell.

1. Active cooling.

2. Flip screen.

What else does it have that they neglected to leave out of an important press announcement? 

How many people have been screaming for a capable full frame camera with a flip screen?!

God, they bungled this announcement. They needed to create buzz and excitement.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

And good luck with an EOS R... You might need to buy new lenses to get any sort of wide end, if all you have is designed for full frame... And the rolling shutter is shit. No IBIS. No 10bit. No 4K/60p. No built in ND, the adapter is needed and it's not a pro piece of kit, sucks in dirt, not easy to go instantly to clear filter, and to top it all off, there's no kind of 120fps at all... Unless you count the 720p line skipped shite. I don't.

But it’s been named the most underrated camera of 2019 by Matti Hapaaja. Never mind it’s only June 2019. Never mind he received two free cameras from canon and “wasn’t paid” for his views. Uh huh.

Boogles my mind that Panasonic did not try to hype this up. I mean canon can hype a 5DIV in 2019 (EOS R).

1 minute ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Something really satisfying about seeing Panasonic really deliver the goods. If they put internal ND's in it will truly be revolutionary. We'll see how Sony responds. 

At this point it’s possible. The press release didn’t do this camera justice apparently.

4 hours ago, anonim said:

That last claim is, of course, exaggerating... furthermore, cinema (dream) go always with proper light, and non-debayered ISO3200 is great. "Superior" image doesn't mean anything anymore, especially today - somebody search for "filmic", somebody for "sharp" and, actually, UMP4.6 is criticized for being to detailed. (What superior is for me is - RAW, maybe USB recording.)

But comparing proper modern cinema camera with xlr outputs, ND filter etc. with this "learn-how-to-dream-again-and-proper-in-6k" camera is, I think, wrong, at least in term  of filmmaking. Without doubt, Panasonic is indeed nice achievement, but question, after all hype, will be - really, for whom.

There of course are big advantages to shooting with an URSA. If the Panasonic delivers similar dynamic range though for most projects the S1H will deliver a cleaner, more detailed image. With 10 bit 422 you'll be able to do more with color than most people need. 

Even with my Fuji XT3 I am finding when I go to edit I am rarely ever thinking I wish I had more dynamic range or that there isn't enough color information. Low light is the one area where the Fuji does suffer compared to full frame. 

4 hours ago, DBounce said:

It's more to do with the fact that most of the competition is pretty dam good atm. So to really make some noise manufactures need to go above and beyond to win $$$ in an ever shrinking market. Those that don't will loose out. I don't think this camera does much to lead the majority of users to leave Sony, Canon, Nikon or Fuji to adopt this new and pricey system. 

Oh my goodness it has a crop in 4k? Who cares?... so does the GH5 and it is a great camera. So does my C200, and the Alexa Mini. Honestly, I would have been more excited to see this camera have a S35 sensor, PDAF and built in electronic ND... That's a camera I would have purchased immediately. No need to think on that configuration at all. But this one? MEH.

You can't say the EOS R is in the same quality bracket as the S1H. You posted 7th grader comments about the EOS R having quality and features that the S1H does not. Other cameras have a crop factor when upping the fps or bit rate. The EOS R has a crop just because it's the CANON EOS R and that kinda really sucks. Wouldn't ya say?