Panasonic FF L-mount Cine camera coming

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

L5 Rumor

Panasonic Cine Lumix  S1H will be announced on May 31
It’s L-mount
New Full Frame sensors
Records 6K24p and 4k60p
Records 10bit 4:2:2 internal at 30p and external 60p
14bit Dynamic Range
Cinematography dream gear
It’s built like a tank.
Slightly bigger than the S1-S1R for better heat dissipation
full built-in log settings
lot more epxensive than the S1R (Lol)

Somehow I like it more because it is lot more expensive than S1R. Earlier I was sure GH6 will be 3000, now it seems it'll go up to 3500. So basically, comparing to GH5, for FF mine-is-bigger delight (taking  as important fact that it is cine- not photo-dream ) and full Vlog/two stops DR (at best) we have to pay +4000$ ? Logic is obvious - 4x bigger sensor, 4x bigger price.... More and more it looks to me as absurd Formula1 race of luxury prototypes.

Unconfirmed additional specs:

IBIS
ND filter
price between $5,000 and $6000

Well, now they are getting into some pretty serious competition price wise. This is a hybrid body with no mention of stills capability. And what about AF? 

I'm not sure this is will be a success sales wise? It's my understanding that the new S series has not been selling particularly well. I don't think this camera will help in that endeavor. 

1 hour ago, Mmmbeats said:

If the H really is for 'hybrid' then that's a bit confusing.  Isn't the existing S1 marketed as a killer hybrid system?

The "H" is for Heavy. 

Also I'm a bit confused... the leaked specs state:   Records 10 bit internal... 14 bit Dynamic range?

12 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

Not sure where the game change is meant to be. Doesn't look like it does 60p 10 bit internal. The AF will presumably be the same as the S1. I think it is a weird pricing. 

So they've added 6k photo mode that shoots at a slower 24 fps; rebranded it as a new video mode and added $2400 to the price?

Well, these aren't the full specs, so we should just wait and see. While it may not be something everyone wants, how many other full-frame cameras are there that shoot 6k? None below $25k that I can think of... 

But we still don't know much, so we'll just wait and see. Internal NDs and a 120fps 4k burst mode would both be huge at this price point (my guess $4500 - $5000)

But I doubt the "game-changing!" comments are just 6k. 

11 minutes ago, currensheldon said:

Well, these aren't the full specs, so we should just wait and see. While it may not be something everyone wants, how many other full-frame cameras are there that shoot 6k? None below $25k that I can think of... 

But we still don't know much, so we'll just wait and see. Internal NDs and a 120fps 4k burst mode would both be huge at this price point (my guess $4500 - $5000)

But I doubt the "game-changing!" comments are just 6k. 

Well the S1 and S1R both shoot 6k @ 30 FPS... so? Honestly, is more resolution the thing that everyone wants? I don’t have a 6k TV... or monitor? So other than for cropping in...? 

If these specs are right, well I’m just not seeing the “GAME CHANGER” part?

1 minute ago, DBounce said:

Well the S1 and S1R both shoot 6k @ 30 FPS... so? Honestly, is more resolution the thing that everyone wants? I don’t have a 6k TV... or monitor? So other than for cropping in...? 

If these specs are right, well I’m just not seeing the “GAME CHANGER” part?

Agreed. I'm just saying not everything is released yet, so who knows what it will be. 

I think one of the things that made the GH4 and 5 so compelling was that you got a lot of camera for the price. Well, it appears those days might be over.

With the new price of this hybrid looking to tip the scale at near the $6k mark, it would seem that the “L MOUNT ALLIANCE” also means adopting Leica like pricing.

I kind of wish that Panasonic would've let go of the mirrorless form factor for this camera. Strictly speaking, there is no good reason to give a purpose-built video camera a mirrorless-style body. It does not really fit with the way people operate cinema cameras. As a hybrid between still and video, OK. But for a dedicated cinema camera, I would've much preferred a LS300/VG900 camcorder-style body. It would make it much easier to accommodate the inevitable PL mount adaptors and pro battery plates. Also, XLR inputs and audio controls.

Just now, Castorp said:

If it is a pro build top end video camera I don’t see why it should cost much less than a D5 or EOS1D?

The S1 is incredible value for money. 

Those cameras have amazing AF systems. They are sports cameras. They have a professional lens lineup. The are fast and reliable workhorse cameras.

Would you use a S1/R V1 for professional sports? What 70-200 F2.8 will you use? Would you trust the AF? I’ll bet some money these will not be replacing the army’s of Canon bodies you see at national sporting events.

At $2500 - $3k this makes much more sense. But if anything near $6k, well, good luck with that!