Panasonic FF L-mount Cine camera coming

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
27 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Well we already know it's not going to be small. Current rumors suggest it is larger than the S1/R. 

The EOS R has the ND adapter and is pretty small considering. Though not full frame in 4k.

"Small" being for me around the size of an FS5.

7 minutes ago, DBounce said:

If that "teaser" picture is anything to go by,  it would seem this camera will forego any SDI outputs.

Though there are two screens “connected”, the EVF and an external monitor and recorder. The monitor doesn’t look to be actually plugged in, but if that is possible, it could be doing a raw signal over SDI (which is why the EVF is using HDMI).

If "raw" is the game changer,  then it needs to be internal... scratch that... I doubt raw is considered a game changer in 2019? This has to be about the sensor. I'm gonna say it... I'm probably wrong,  but I think this is going to sport their organic sensor... or some variation of that sensor. 

Slow-mo is cool,  but not "game changing". Raw is nice to have as an option, but again not "game changing". Internal NDs are convenient,  but certainly not "game changing". And that organic sensor is well overdue.

2 hours ago, DBounce said:

If "raw" is the game changer,  then it needs to be internal... scratch that... I doubt raw is considered a game changer in 2019? This has to be about the sensor. I'm gonna say it... I'm probably wrong,  but I think this is going to sport their organic sensor... or some variation of that sensor. 

Slow-mo is cool,  but not "game changing". Raw is nice to have as an option, but again not "game changing". Internal NDs are convenient,  but certainly not "game changing". And that organic sensor is well overdue.

Incremental improvements are not "game changing."

However, a marketing department accurately representing how much better the new product is would also be game changing. I guess it's kind of a double or nothing statement.

with all the technology in the cameras now, i think the main point to develpo is the workability of files form pc. Seems like even lates pc struggle with most of the neweset camera's file. That is a bad point for me. FIles should be easily processed from most of the pcs, unless they are old

Game-changing could also be a large amount of incremental improvements that result in one very amazing camera. 
- The low light of the A7sII (or S1)
- Codecs of the BMPCC4K (or equivalent)
- Usability of the GH5/S1
- 14+ stops dynamic range with full V-Log (EVA-1/Varicam dynamic range)
- IBIS of S1/GH5
- Internal NDs (never been done on something this small/compact - so pretty game changing)
- 3-4 channel audio and great pre-amps
- Timecode
- 120fps+ in 4K, 24

And maybe a couple of other surprises. that would do it in my mind to be game-changing... 

1 hour ago, stefanocps said:

with all the technology in the cameras now, i think the main point to develpo is the workability of files form pc. Seems like even lates pc struggle with most of the neweset camera's file. That is a bad point for me. FIles should be easily processed from most of the pcs, unless they are old

AMD just announced 12 cores processor under $400, new GPU, and 16 cores released later this year. Intel has 8 cores all @ 5Ghz 

Corsair announced PCIe 4.0 NVME with speeds up to 4950MB/s

NVME hard drive, storage and ram is pretty affordable now.

My 4 years old i7 Skylake still doing great with everything specs out though I'm likely to upgrade to 12 cores processor this year.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:08 AM, currensheldon said:

It is difficult to figure out where and how this will fit in the Panasonic lineup without hurting the EVA-1 or Varicam LT. Maybe Panasonic has decided it is better to have one massive hit and cannibalize yourself rather than wait for someone else to do it... 

Hopefully Panasonic realizes it makes more sense to cannibalize your products, than to let someone else do it. Like Sony did with the FS7 vs F5 (or F35 vs F23, or F3 vs F35, or F55/F5 vs F3, etc). 

Also the Panasonic Varicam S35/LT are kinda getting old ish, so although they're still very capable and relevant, perhaps time for an update? 

I am really curious about this, but I definitely do not need a full frame video camera, I do not even for pro photo work. The L mount doesn't seem like a strong mount for video so far.

I wonder what the specs and the pricing and the form factor would be.

Definitely the pressure from P4K and Z sales really affect the industry, and this L camera has to be responded by Canon/Sony somehow.

Imagine that Canon has the XC15 and then the next one is the C100mkII! There is like a huge gap in between, with both these cameras needed a replacement a year or two ago, but, do they even have a replacement on track? And where is this new Sony?

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

This thing is not going to be cheap I bet. 4000 bucks I would guess or more. It can't be cheaper than the S1R. And if it is more it hurts the EVA1. Unless it is a EVA2!

Why can't it be cheap? It's rumored to be only 20MP, so concessions have been made. No doubt it will come up short on stills features also. 

11 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Why can't it be cheap? It's rumored to be only 20MP, so concessions have been made. No doubt it will come up short on stills features also. 

If it is a true Cine camera it might not even have Any photo mode. But the 6K thing sounds a lot like the 6K photo mode on the GH5. Soon find out I guess. And 20mp is plenty enough for 6K.

13 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Any gear aimed at serious video people will be more expensive due to lower demand. I think S1r pricing is approximately accurate.