Panasonic FF L-mount Cine camera coming

ntblowz

48 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Not sure what gave you that idea. You can't see the camera at all behind the massive matte box.

Also the use of HDMI and the fact it's launching under Lumix branding would suggest an S1 form factor.

If it were a EVA1 form factor there would be an SDI cable going into that nice Zaucto EVF they are using from an SDI port on the camera.

What’s against the side of her shoulder then? It’s either v-mount stuff or a camera body. Also all the rigging appears to be coming off something towards the back not something behind the matte box.

the follow focus is in a weird spot too. You could be right. It’s hard to tell. Why didn’t your image enhancement work like it does in the movies? ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

I think the stuff at the back is just part of the rig, maybe there could be a battery plate there, to power the EVF. No sign of a camera body in that area and I think I even see a patch of the daylight between her head and the matte box where otherwise an EVA type brick would be.

11 hours ago, DBounce said:

Whatever it is,  sure doesn't look very large.  Plus it's on a tripod... so no IBIS? It must be the sensor that is game changing... and I can only imagine if they are making this much fuss, it's not a Sony sensor.

If it’s a “dream” cine camera like we’ve heard from multiple sources it must be packing something special that we haven’t seen before in its price category. The organic sensor is a plausible candidate.

2 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

If it’s a “dream” cine camera like we’ve heard from multiple sources it must be packing something special that we haven’t seen before in its price category. The organic sensor is a plausible candidate.

That's my guess... but we've been hoping for that to show itself for years... only to be disappointed? Still that's what I'm thinking. Pixel level sensitivity for true HDR... we can only hope ?

• Super Members
22 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

Why didn’t your image enhancement work like it does in the movies? 

If you want to do some dimension extrapolation, those are Ray-Ban CATS 5000 Classic sunglasses she's wearing which have a lens/bridge/lens diameter of 131mm.

If I remember correctly.

• Administrators

Trusted source on the rumours site says:

"It’s L-mount
New Full Frame sensors
Cinematography dream gear
It’s built like a tank.
Slightly bigger than the S1-S1R for better heat dissipation"

So an Cine Lumix S1S to compete with a Sony A7S III.

If it's a new sensor, I wonder if they went low with a 12-ish megapixel resolution for low light, or high for 8K or oversampling?

7 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

So an Cine Lumix S1S to compete with a Sony A7S III.

If it's a new sensor, I wonder if they went low with a 12-ish megapixel resolution for low light, or high for 8K or oversampling?

I read a rumor it is geared toward 8K. If so it won't be cheap.

10 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Just give me a small FF camera with great internal ND's...

Hope it's a product that will result in competitors dropping prices.

Well we already know it's not going to be small. Current rumors suggest it is larger than the S1/R. 

The EOS R has the ND adapter and is pretty small considering. Though not full frame in 4k.

15 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Just give me a small FF camera with great internal ND's...

SDI outputs, timecode input, and built in NDs, that is what I want to see!

2 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Well we already know it's not going to be small. Current rumors suggest it is larger than the S1/R. 

Even a Nikon D5 body looks small next to the already teeny EVA1

Agreed. Very happy rumors point to it NOT having 8K. Unnecessary for another 3-5 years, I'd think for a camera at this level. Instead, they need to focus on making our 4K workflows easier and even better: internal NDs, compressed raw, other great codecs ("streaming service and broadcast approved"), still compact enough to use on handheld gimbals, timecode... etc.

If it can offer those things and make my EVA-1 unnecessary, then a bit bigger than the S1 is perfect.