Fake anamorphic.

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Absolutely bloody superb mate, love the low contrast and the bokeh is spectacular.... actor looks like he's crapped himself when he walks though :P   This is just the kind of aesthetic I've tried achieve with less success, looks almost like 70's celluloid. So creamy, but with bold skin tones.

I heard rumor you might make a suite of lens sizes eventually? is technically possible to do this process to other russian glass like jupiter 9, mir24, mir10a? I'd love to use these for narrative stuff, a kit would be my dream come true.

Awesome stuff!!!

Thanks for your kind words Paul.  Its exactly the type of look I wanted.  trying to replicate the look from Deliverance.   locked down shots, etc.  Your kind words are much appreiciated.  

you might be interested to see what came out of the camera before the grade..:-

http://vimeo.com/71855552

Password: clevedon

Yes...  There is a 35mm coming very soon, as well as a 90mm.  though the 58 should be considered the go-to, with the other focal lengths being for when the 58 just wont do it.  58 cant be matched`!

Great news, I may have to start saving for a isco optimized kit of these. The graded footage is a massive improvement, definitely very deliverance-ey.  I have an obsession with films from this era(badlands, the graduate, mean streets etc),  they were the peak aesthetically in my eyes.

My current attempts to reproduce this look are shooting hacked low contrast gh2, russian glass, isco 36, filmconvert for grain/filmstock. Definitely getting there, but I prefer the image produced by my KOWA over the isco, unfortunately it is pretty un-usable in real shooting conditions for obvious reasons. Some DSO primes might be just the ticket as it would push the bokeh to 2+.