Sony vs Canon vs Fujifilm

Tomda

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
2 hours ago, Tomda said:

The Z Cam still seems to have some bugs in its actual state, and tbh the overall build quality seemed too crappy. I didn't like either to have to plug a SSD via USB-C to record prores 422.

In the end I went for the BMMS4K. 

I'm a bit confused about the objection to having to go external to record ProRes on the Z cam and then going for a camera that doesn't record internally at all ?

Interested to hear how you get on with the Micro Studio Camera though as its not a camera that gets much if any attention on here.

What recorder are you going to use with it?

42 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I'm a bit confused about the objection to having to go external to record ProRes on the Z cam and then going for a camera that doesn't record internally at all ?

Same. I would think a usb c drive would be cheaper and more flexible than most sdi or hdmi recorders out there as well?

19 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Supposedly the the Micro Studio is the same sensor as the larger BM Studio 4K live production camera without 60p.

Actually it does have 60p.

17 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Interested to hear how you get on with the Micro Studio Camera though as its not a camera that gets much if any attention on here.

What recorder are you going to use with it?

Actually I got confused too !!! I wrongly assumed at first the micro 4k had an internal SD recording like its cheaper brother... I don't understand what BM did there, what's the point of making such a compact camera if you can't use it in its smallest form ? I almost made a mistake here !

So final choice is the BMPCC4k :) 

22 hours ago, Tomda said:

Actually I got confused too !!! I wrongly assumed at first the micro 4k had an internal SD recording like its cheaper brother... I don't understand what BM did there, what's the point of making such a compact camera if you can't use it in its smallest form ? I almost made a mistake here !

Because it is a STUDIO camera. 

They clue is literally in its name...