Made In China vs Made In Japan - Perception Of Quality

DBounce

I'm curious to learn how perceptions have changed... or if they have changed. To that end I have posted the following question.

Which of the following statements more closely reflects yours feelings? Choose A or B.

A. Made in Japan, is synonymous with Craftmanship, Precision and Reliability. Where "Made In China" means Cheap, Mass-produced, Junk.

B. Made in China, is synonymous with Craftmanship, Precision and Reliability. Where "Made In Japan" means Cheap, Mass-produced, Junk.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A or B folks... like the Highlander... there can be only one. Failing to choose merely shows attempts to hide bias. If you don’t want to answer... DON’T. 

I’ll make one more rule for this survey... any answer that is not Singular and not as specified is an automatic “A”. This means answers such as “Both” or Neither are counted as “A”. If this is not your intention... vote “B”.

7 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

A

But I don’t know if I could justify that. 

Let me help... Chinese made car vs Japanese car... same money... Pick?

I’m really not sure what has happened that so few are willing to speak the truth. It’s quite pathetic honestly.

The Only reason now that what you call Junk comes out of China is that a country wanted it to the cheapest ass thing you can produce, hence Junk. Not China's fault, just obeying orders as they say.

Sure years ago China was associated as producing Junk, but guess what when I was young Japan did the same shit. Just a bunch of junk, cheap toys is all that Japan imported, at least to the USA. I think this poll proves you are racist as hell to be honest. You just come across like a total uninformed Jackass. There are certainly people that are on here from China. To lump them into some pile of uneducated people building crap is a slap in the face. You ought to have your ass beat. Grow the Fuck up!

Some young people on here are stupid as shit about history. It is at times F ing embarrassing on here to hear such idiotic shit. Go the hell away.

6 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

The Only reason now that what you call Junk comes out of China is that a country wanted it to the cheapest ass thing you can produce, hence Junk. Not China's fault, just obeying orders as they say.

Sure years ago China was associated as producing Junk, but guess what when I was young Japan did the same shit. Just a bunch of junk, cheap toys is all that Japan imported, at least to the USA. I think this poll proves you are racist as hell to be honest. You just come across like a total uninformed Jackass. There are certainly people that are on here from China. To lump them into some pile of uneducated people building crap is a slap in the face. You ought to have your ass beat. Grow the Fuck up!

Some young people on here are stupid as shit about history. It is at times F ing embarrassing on here to hear such idiotic shit. Go the hell away.

Oh the race card... how original. But yet you didn’t answer the question. I’ll take that as another vote for “A”.

When it comes to optics I do prefer Japanese to Chinese and German to Japanese. There is no Chinese car I would buy today.

Understand, I make no claim that high quality products cannot be produced in China, but more often than not, it’s cheaply made alternatives that come out of China. NONE of the flagship cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic or Fuji are produced in China. None of their Premiums lenses are produced in China. As I usually only buy premium products, I naturally end up with Japanese or German produced items for the most part.

If this comes off as “racist”... seek therapy.

Once in China I met a Tibetan guy who told me the following:

In China there are 4 categories of products: the best quality ones go to the government and the military, then there are the things that go to you Western people (he was talking to me), then the things that go to the Chinese and general export and finally the lowest quality things that go to Tibetans, Uygurs, Mongols

I too recall "Made In Japan" being regarded as a joke in the western world. Here is what Japan did to turn around the perceived quality of their products. It's something that has yet to happen on any large scale in China. I'm sorry if historical facts are considered racist... How many here would choose to drop the same money... for the same specs, on "say a Chinese Leica competitor" (assuming one was available)? I can't imagine many would opt for a Chinese Arri equivalent... if the cost and specs were identical? Why then, to choose the Chinese option, do we require a better price? I'm guessing it's because there is an assumption that the quality will not be as good... therefore a tradeoff is made of a better spec sheet.

Is this "racist"? Was it "racist" when the same was true of "Made In Japan" ? How did the Japanese solve this problem? Sensitivity training? I'm just a messenger. 

Before the Chinese and after the Japanese were the Koreans..

When I was growing up Korean cars were a joke. Hyundai Accent anyone?

Now Kia/Hyundai have some of the biggest warranty in the industry and are toping all surveys and customer satisfaction questionnaires.

Do you know what are the lowest of the low? Germans! Mercedes/BMW/Mini/Porsche/VW/Skoda(VW group) are giving the lowest warranty in industry - 2 years, while most give 5 with some restriction in miles - and Kia 7, Hyundai 5 - but with truly unlimited miles, the only one, and Ford Europe recently announced 8 years (I am not sure if that took effect already) and Toyota announced 6 years.

In my country's owners satisfaction survey the last ones,  are: 

Audi 61.5

BMW-Mini 50.5

VW 49.7

First ones?

Kia 95.1

Mazda 95

Alfa Romeo 94.7 (Alfisti are fanatics about their cars here, it is a way of life!)

Hyundai 94.6

So, no German cars for me!

34 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Before the Chinese and after the Japanese were the Koreans..

When I was growing up Korean cars were a joke. Hyundai Accent anyone?

Now Kia/Hyundai have some of the biggest warranty in the industry and are toping all surveys and customer satisfaction questionnaires.

Do you know what are the lowest of the low? Germans! Mercedes/BMW/Mini/Porsche/VW/Skoda(VW group) are giving the lowest warranty in industry - 2 years, while most give 5 with some restriction in miles - and Kia 7, Hyundai 5 - but with truly unlimited miles, the only one, and Ford Europe recently announced 8 years (I am not sure if that took effect already) and Toyota announced 6 years.

In my country's owners satisfaction survey the last ones,  are: 

Audi 61.5

BMW-Mini 50.5

VW 49.7

First ones?

Kia 95.1

Mazda 95

Alfa Romeo 94.7 (Alfisti are fanatics about their cars here, it is a way of life!)

Hyundai 94.6

So, no German cars for me!

I might be way off mark, but where I live no one is impressed when you explain that you drive an Hyundai. For some reason Porsche carries more prestige.