8mpx @ 20fps on iPhone5?

ScreensPro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Looks nice.

Great to see someone put 2 years of effort into an iPhone app rather than 2 minutes worth :)

Either Apple will buy his code, or the will simply put an embedded JPEG processor in the next iPhone and a faster camera module. 20fps burst modes with electronic shutter are already possible even in smartphones.

there are already indications showing that Apple 5s/6 will perform 120fps video

my guess it's prolly 1080p 120fps and pretty sure this dude can make 4k 30fps on that

unfortunately i do not own an iphone myself 

please do share some videos after using this app, thanks

I tried it out, works quite well, but not really suitable for video. Only get about 70frames in 6mpx mode

1080p mode gets about 200 frames and is pretty damn sharp. The jello is dreadful though.

It's a handy little app though, even just to play around with.

I'll post some footage soon

Requires iOS 5(!) to work full res. A colleague sent a frame (iOS 6.x) and it was less than an HD video frame in resolution. Nice UI and marketing.

He is using it wrong then, tell him to go into settings and change the field of view to narrow, that is full 6mpx (but you get less frames)

Pretty cool, however it's highly aliased. Perhaps useful for what the app aims to do: select a still from a burst group. Adding an anti-alias filtering and rendering at 1920x960 still had a little aliasing but might be usable.

All the shimmering pixels, especially in the trees, are aliasing. Per Nyquist, the sensor must sample at 2x the target resolution (along with a sufficient optical low pass filter) to prevent aliasing (that's not happening here). When aliasing is gone, the image looks filmic. When present, the image can look sharper, but is false detail and makes moving images look digital (vs. film-like).

This is what the frames look like: Aliased.png

If alias free, would look like this: Antialiased-lanczos.png

Images from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_anti-aliasing

I know what aliasing is, i just don't think it is what we are seeing in this instance.

I personally think it is over sharpened noise. I will shoot some wires or tiles to make a better test for traditional aliasing. I've never had serious aliasing issues with iphone 5 jpgs, so i'm not sure why a frame burst would change that.