$10 Adobe Plan Gone

kaylee

well wel wellllllll

im NOT surprised, but this sucks~!

im currently on the $9.99/mo adobe "photoshop" plan which includes lightroom (which i dont use) and 20GB of storage, which makes me feel like im beating the system

but its gone!

photoplannew-800x413.jpg

d31f89b887745d2c92cab4d83d5ddd32.jpg

is it FINALLY time for me to look into photoshop alternatives????? ? ? ? ? ? 

im all in with resolve, i just have to learn fusion ?

the "normal" full CC pricing went up from $49.99 to ~$52.99~ recently

poor adobe, they must be going broke~! ???

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, kaylee said:

well wel wellllllll

im NOT surprised, but this sucks~!

im currently on the $9.99/mo adobe "photoshop" plan which includes lightroom (which i dont use) and 20GB of storage, which makes me feel like im beating the system

but its gone!

is it FINALLY time for me to look into photoshop alternatives????? ? ? ? ? ? 

the "normal" full CC pricing went up from $49.99 to ~$52.99~ recently

poor adobe, they must be going broke~! ???

Interesting.  I'm on that plan and haven't seen any emails from them about a change in pricing, although if they're changing the price for new subscribers then it's probably not too far away.  

I can see the logic of doing them with a gap in-between.  Step one: change pricing for new customers, existing customers don't get a price change and so don't care.  Step two: existing customers get the price hike, but because there's been a delay, it seems like less of a big deal, and new customers have been paying that for some time and they didn't raise it because of "the loyalty to existing customers" blah blah blah..  

Crabs don't scream if you put them in cold water and gradually heat it until they boil alive!

Additionally: I posted a few things in the Feature requests for Resolve v17 thread on BM forums and there were people in there asking for ability to process RAW stills and have a gallery with ratings and metadata like Lightroom....  

17 minutes ago, kye said:

Step one: change pricing for new customers, existing customers don't get a price change and so don't care.  Step two: existing customers get the price hike, but because there's been a delay, it seems like less of a big deal, and new customers have been paying that for some time and they didn't raise it because of "the loyalty to existing customers" blah blah blah..  

yes, exactly ?

Crabs don't scream if you put them in cold water and gradually heat it until they boil alive!

!!!!!

there were people in there asking for ability to process RAW stills and have a gallery with ratings and metadata like Lightroom....  

do you even KNOW that i was thinking exactly that while looking at new photoshop apps, how i like grading in resolve so much, i wish there was one with a color interface like that...??? ???

accoding to google, adobe has something like 12 million subscribers, so raising their price $3 makes $36 mil...... that was easy!!! ?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoMS99ZLd1MGQOAsmmK

18 minutes ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

If you want to switch from Adobe, here is my list.

Lightroom -> On1 Photo Raw, Luminar, Capture One

Photoshop -> Affinitiy Photo

Premiere Pro -> Davinci Resolve

Illustrator -> Affinity Designer

InDesign -> Affinity Publisher (beta)

That's my list too. I bought Luminar and it doesn't even generate the catalog on my i3 Mac mini 2018. Go to On1, or Capture one. They work.

According to this Petapixel article the US$10 a month offer is still available and you can lock it in for a further 3 years (maybe US only)

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/02/adobes-10-photography-plan-gone-from-site-cheapest-is-20-month/

I think Adobe is bound to increase it to US$20 permanently at some stage. In fact when I first signed up to Photoshop on a monthly deal it was US$20 a month!! (without Lightroom)

3 hours ago, kaylee said:

Legit me for that past few months ^ I also need to find a light-room alternative, I don't do crazy photos edits so Photoshop isn't truly needed, most i'll do is use the smudge tool or place some text on the photo. 

https://www.partha.com/

I use this version if gimp as it's more like photoshop than regular gimp, and it comes with some very useful things like wavelet sharpen/decompose.

I have not tried the newly released version so it might be even better. Grab the portable version and you don't even have to install it, just run it from anywhere.

BTW portable is the best way to run anything (IMO) and I do it whenever I can, like web browser that I can just delete folder and open from backup if anything breaks or keep several version of depending on what I do with it.

19 minutes ago, meudig said:

@Avenger 2.0 @Ivko Pivko

Any suggestions on replacements for AE and Audition? 

AE: Fusion. It's not as nice for motion graphics, but much better for compositing. It's still usable for motion graphics. Fusion's tracker is phenomenal, though I still haven't quite gotten the hang of manually adjusting tracking points yet.

Audition: Reaper. Reaper completely replaces Audition multitracking, and mostly replaces the audio editor. Reaper's builtin noise reduction plugin isn't as good as Audition's, but that really the only downside I've found. Reaper works very well with VST (and other) plugins, so a third party noise reduction plugin could even out the difference.

14 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

I also need to find a light-room alternative

RawTherapee is fantastic for RAW photo processing. Gimp is my goto for photo editing.

I agree with Reaper and Fusion, there are not much alternatives there, although, and depending on the level and if you're used to layers and comps don't discredit Hitfilm. I know is not as powerful as Fusion but I see it growing every year as a viable alternative just not for fast turnaround or high level stuff yet.

And lightroom, for DAM it depends. On1 is really nice, the price is right and the tools are nice. I feel it's still a little bit clunky, not as polished as say Capture One but as with hitfilm, don't discard it because it looks it's developing quite well. It might be the age but I'm more willing to buy products from developers that listen and help them grow(and I include Blackmagic here). Or it might be my desire to find underdogs and Davids that can bring some fight to big Goliaths.

For photoshop I rather use Affinity photo but in the open source world see the development of Krita more elegant than Gimp.

10 minutes ago, Ivko Pivko said:

For photoshop I rather use Affinity photo but in the open source world see the development of Krita more elegant than Gimp.

Krita is also great and does seem to have an active development community. It seems more geared towards creating artwork from scratch, with a phenomenal brush engine and great graphics tablet support. I find Gimp quicker and more intuitive for simple photo touchup with the clone and heal tools, but it could also just be that I have used it more.

For just Photo editing I don't think you can beat the free version of DXO OpticsPro 11. The Smart Lighting check box is worth it alone. I don't have the paid latest versions, I used to keep up with them, but don't do enough photo stuff anymore to justify them over the free, few year old version, 11.

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/203275007-DxO-OpticsPro-11