Input for C-Mount anamorphic lenses? Which do you suggest?

Rcorrell

Hello Anamorphic Community,

I'm doing a shoot in November where we want to use the view factor NoVo GoPro that takes C-Mount lenses, to shoot some anamorphic aerial footage from an RC muti chopper.  something like this..

novo_08.jpg

21098_294329584034518_1312698975_n.jpg

I really have no experience with C-Mount lenses, so I was hoping a few of you could chime in on what you think are the best anamorphic options using c-mount are.  Small, and or, light weight is a huge plus.  Trying to get a head start on hunting for some of these lenses, so any input is greatly appreciated, as always.

Below is what I'm trying to avoid  :ph34r:

original.jpg

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The baby Hypergonar is an anamorphic lens, not a prime C mount lens. By the way it's 1.75X ;)

In C-mount the Pentax 25mm 1.4 is well known as a good lens but I never tried it. 

Anyway first of all you have to find the good focal adapted to the sensor of your go pro, and also adapted to the factor of your anamorphic lens.

Thanks for the input thus far guys..

I'm trying to go as wide as possible with some kind of c-mount anamorphic setup, wether it be an anamorphic prime on its own or attachment.  I guess i'm trying avoid the attachment route mostly for weight, but also I want to basically "set-and-forget" the focus too.  Nothing too heavy, hairy, or hands on for this setup. Simple is what i'm trying to achieve. wide helicopter shots, just anamorphic without faking it.

Is there not a stand-alone anamorphic native c-mount prime, thats compact and wide??  Thats essentially what i'm looking for.

Not easy to find Baby H, but sometimes there are another 8mm anamorphic lens on the web for sale. 8mm anamorphic lens will be always small and light. Normally on gh2 you can go no less than 35-40 mm prime lens with 8mm anamorphic lens. Don't know the conversion for novo.

8mm anamorphic are normally soft. You need to shoot at least f5.6-8.

Some has focus ring and others doesn't like baby H(fixed). Good point with novo is that sensor is little so you got deep focus. I think baby H is the best option.

Cheers!