Where Is The MFT Cinema Camera? (Or Fuji X)

currensheldon

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

It was already very concerning when they didn't release the EVA1 with a MFT option ?

True. I love MFT and if they had a EVA-1 style video camera, I probably would be using MFT fully, especially once the 10-25mm f1.7 lands. But, without really knowing what's ahead for MFT and Panasonic, hard to justify buying what will probably be a $2k+ lens. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Even the wording in the phrase "full frame" is itself one of the biggest marketing wins Canikon has ever pulled off!

Making many newbie (and not so newbie!) photographers (has leaked over and infected filmmakers too) feel inadequate if they have anything less than their "full" frame. 

Again, i think that question is about price. FF model of GH5s (rivaling A7s III or so) probably will be between 3-4000 and probably will not have internal raw recording and also has to be rigged. Although, without discussion, it has greatly desirable regarding potential to give, all that trend of pricing too seriously tests indie filmmaking community - that don't elevate level of its funding so fast as big fish camera makers calling for their attention propel the price of new products. It's not so easy to explain and convince what are comparative advantages for indies to manage to find and pay 3-4x more money instead of, say, using P4K as base brain. Or why not to spend near exactly same money for the UMP4.6... While I owe so much to Panasonic's line over the years, I'm afraid that PLumix is risking for losing its most important users base till now... Even selling of 2500e GH5s, as far as I know from sporadic contacts with some distributors, was totally disaster, at least in this part of Europe. Simply, there is real-life and common-sense cost margin even for the most devoted user base of Panasonic cameras - which surely is not niche-people or uncapable to weight real necessity of FF or ISO 12800 or shallow DoF bravura for their aspirations. Even older and more experienced and better budgeting indie shooters will, I'd say, think twice  about having two firmly rigged P4K for the price of bare FFs.

• Super Members
6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Even the wording in the phrase "full frame" is itself one of the biggest marketing wins Canikon has ever pulled off!

Making many newbie (and not so newbie!) photographers (has leaked over and infected filmmakers too) feel inadequate if they have anything less than their "full" frame. 

Yup, I wonder if its traceable to see who was first to rename it from "Small Picture" or "Tiny Picture" as it is/was called in most countries. To "Full Frame" or the now quite common here in Sweden "Full Format". 

Older professional photographers and those of us still shooting film still say "Small Picture" (småbild) but youngsters and newcomers all say "Full Format".