GH3 catch up thread

/p/

How's it going GH3 owners? Still loving mine.. Any examples of work shot on the GH3 to share? I am still loving mine. What lenses are you using? What custom photo style is everyone using? (Curious to see what Andrew recommends when he releases the GH3 manual).. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'll probably post something soon. Just bought it about a week ago. In addition to the kit lens (I already had a gf2 w/14-42 mk1), I bought the olympus 9-18, the pana 25 f1.4, the pana 35-150 ois and the sigma 60 f2.8. Hoping it is a good mix of lenses.... just looking forward to the wife seeing the credit-card debt I racked up... ;)

Loving it.

Played around with the slo-mo when shooting this video. >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRiWyGE3KIY

The interview footage is a T4i, but the b-roll is pretty much all my GH3.

I still love my Samyang 35mm, but I just got the Voigtlander 25mm so still need to play around with that.

I've used the vibrant setting, but think I might start using a 'flatter' style for shooting from now on.

https://vimeo.com/70366688

https://vimeo.com/67036518

30sec spot for TV. Glass used were OM 12mm f2, Panny 20mm f1.7, and  Nikkor 55mm f1.2. Really loving GH3 and I still get surprized seeing some of the footage that comes from this camera. Locally most people are using FS700s for TV and I'm happy that such a little camera holds it's own against footage shot on the FS700.

https://vimeo.com/70366688

https://vimeo.com/67036518

30sec spot for TV. Glass used were OM 12mm f2, Panny 20mm f1.7, and  Nikkor 55mm f1.2. Really loving GH3 and I still get surprized seeing some of the footage that comes from this camera. Locally most people are using FS700s for TV and I'm happy that such a little camera holds it's own against footage shot on the FS700.

Those are great, I am also really impressed with what you're managing to do with such a little camera (it is a beast though).

What custom photo style do you use?

I have the gh3 with the 12-35 lens, love the camera for the most part only really one big flaw lots of moire aliasing. Could the lens be bringing it out more? Would prime lenses better? Or maybe I can adjust some settings to help? Anyone know if there is any chance of a mosaic type filter? Sorry for all the questions

I have the gh3 with the 12-35 lens, love the camera for the most part only really one big flaw lots of moire aliasing. Could the lens be bringing it out more? Would prime lenses better? Or maybe I can adjust some settings to help? Anyone know if there is any chance of a mosaic type filter? Sorry for all the questions

U sure about that? I once let an interview partner change his thin stripped shirt because I saw moire hell on the liveview... turned out as I watched the recorded clips later that only the camera lcd was affected and not the taken image... I used it quite alot now, and I only had one problem so far (but that was an obvious challenge pic for cameras)

hijiacking thread:

upgrading sound performance... had anyone his hands on the Fostex DC-302 or Sound Devices MixPre-D? Juiced Link, Tascam d-60, Beachtec all nice for sure, but I want real professional stuff this time...

So from what I've read the GH3 is just as hardware/software capable of focus peaking as the cameras they're releasing now with them, but nowhere to be seen in firmware upgrades. -_-

Yes, it's disappointing. Seems Panasonic is purposely keeping it back.... I cannot see how it would be that difficult to add when no-name lcd monitors have it.... Also, from what I gather, we shouldn't have too high hopes for a hack to do it. Panasonic really needs to just get this fixed.... Would be nice if they throw in auto-iso in manual mode as well..

I've been using the GH3 for several months now. ( Staff photographer at The Dallas Morning News) Use the Natural film mode. Only had aliasing one time. Subject was wearing a plaid sports coat and a striped tie a deadly combo for any video camera IMHO. also been using the WiFi feature for transmitting images to the paper's web site during spot news. Love the camera and system.

Why Vivid over Natural or Standard?

From shooting and testing alot of different color profile settings I personally like the skin tones vivid gives me. I'm not into shooting super flat and having to turn up staturation in post all the time so I find vivid gives me the correct saturation levels out of the camera most of the time at -2.

• 2 months later...