New BMPCC Footage!

Lukas

http://vimeo.com/70676876

Wow that looks incredible! The only thing holding me back is the question if there is some lens out there that would cover the wide end...I would definately need some FOV that a 18mm would give me on a 1.6 crop, so, something around 6-8mm, right?

And one question is really always on my mind when thinking of this camera...might it be too small? Can I shoot handheld with it, like I can with my 60D?

Any thoughts? What do you guys think of the footage?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Footage looks good. I ended up buying a gh3 with a 9-18 lens. (and several others, I am poor now....) That may not be quite wide enough for the bmpcc but worst case I will use the gh3 for really wide shots.

My lens-list, in anticipation of the bmpcc;

-olympus 9-18

-kit 14-42 (mk1)

-pana leica 25 f1.4

-sigma 60 f2.8

-pana 45-150 ois

There are brackets/cages that will be available if you need to bulk up the camera a bit..

^ Doesn't the GH3 do slight in-camera correction for the olympus 9-18 at the wider angles to compensate for distortion? I know it does on the panny 7-14mm, if it does on the oly then you're going to have distorted image when using that on the bmpcc because that camera won't be doing any in camera correction

^ Doesn't the GH3 do slight in-camera correction for the olympus 9-18 at the wider angles to compensate for distortion? I know it does on the panny 7-14mm, if it does on the oly then you're going to have distorted image when using that on the bmpcc because that camera won't be doing any in camera correction

Probably, hoping it is not as bad as the 7-14. I think we'll just have to wait and see - and if there is a fair deal of distortion, since it is raw, it is possible to go an extra step and do some correction in software.

• Administrators

The Lumix 14mm pancake is OK but a bit sterile and has quite a lot of distortion.

I have one, so if you'd like to see some more tests let me know. I haven't covered it much on EOSHD, because it's frankly a bit boring compared to the SLR Magic 12mm F1.6 or the Olympus 12mm F2.0 and you can get a good compact prime by going down the c-mount route.

It is however very good for the price. It's as cheap as chips!

Be aware that it won't be very wide on the pocket camera.

Better to go to the 20mm F1.7 pancake and a Switar 10mm F1.6. The Switar is the same price as the 14mm Lumix and the lovely older version 20mm pancake has come down on eBay since the new one has been released.

New one is smaller and lighter, very nice.

New 14-140mm is also impressively compact compared to the old version. Panasonic working hard on size / weight reduction of their lenses at the moment.