HLG Footage in Premiere Pro looks different than 2 versions ago

BjornT

So I film primarily on a GH5 in HLG profile and work on a macbook pro. I convert the footage to prores in editready and then I edit in premiere pro and color grade in Resolve with the goal being a rec709 output.

Today was the first time in a while I worked on my personal computer and being on the latest version of CC I noticed the footage looks wildly different in Premiere Pro than Resolve as you can see on the two pics below. I assume Premiere is flagging the footage now as HLG and adjust for HDR or something. Is there any way to change this so it looks like in resolve when you import it? I couldn't find the info anywhere and have resorted to reverting back to version 13.0.1 where it looks identical in both programmes.

Anyone know a workaround then let me know please.

Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 17.11.39.png

Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 17.57.06.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Nothing of concern here.

Premiere does that to Alexa Log C footage as well, it automatically applies a BT.709 LUT.

It's just now started doing it to HLG footage. Can be easily disabled with two clicks.

Cheers Androidlad but option is greyed out on my laptop.

Also clips shot in Cine-D also looks wildly different.

1408696235_Screenshot2019-04-22at19_09_00.thumb.png.ee28192d51c38d48b3b25f8c3b44670e.png

On 4/22/2019 at 6:52 PM, androidlad said:

Nothing of concern here.

Premiere does that to Alexa Log C footage as well, it automatically applies a BT.709 LUT.

It's just now started doing it to HLG footage. Can be easily disabled with two clicks.

@androidlad dont assume you know another fix by any chance? Don't have the option to disable it.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:44 PM, Attila Bakos said:

What happens if you don't convert to ProRes? I'm asking because the changelog of 13.0.2 says that it now reads PQ/HLG color information accurately from ProRes containers.

Just checked and original H264 files looks correct. Something about HLG contained in prores that has a bug so will make a ticket with Adobe.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Steven.Shen said:

I met the same question.

It seems like the bug of Adobe Premiere Pro cc 2019.

I tried on cc 2018. The exposure seems right.

You could create some kind of input Lut to convert to Rec709.
https://cameramanben.github.io/LUTCalc/LUTCalc/index.html

Wondering if that one works. Also change Sequence settings to max. bit depth to avoid further color shifts.

Rec2100HLG_Rec2100-Rec709800_Rec709.cube

2019-10-29.lutcalc