Canon 50D Raw Anamorphic Video - 4:3 at 1152 X 864 Low Light Test

BPT

http://vimeo.com/70387959

For this video, I shot with a slower CF Card (60MBS) that gave me 1152 X 864 resolution at 24 FPS in 4:3 mode without skipping frames. I could shoot for at least 4 minutes (I didn't try shooting longer). I did my color correction with Adobe Photoshop and converted to 2304 X 864 in Compressor.

Anyone shooting anamorphic video in 4:3 with a 2X lens? Please share workflow and shooting tips.

Thank you.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

http://vimeo.com/70387959

For this video, I shot with a slower CF Card (60MBS) that gave me 1152 X 864 resolution at 24 FPS in 4:3 mode without skipping frames. I could shoot for at least 4 minutes (I didn't try shooting longer). I did my color correction with Adobe Photoshop and converted to 2304 X 864 in Compressor.

Anyone shooting anamorphic video in 4:3 with a 2X lens? Please share workflow and shooting tips.

Thank you.

Beautiful stuff!

I'm shooting 4:3 with a 2X Bausch and Lomb. Tragic Lantern (1%'s offshoot) has an anamorphic desqueeze option. Kinda buggy but might be worth a shot. I still prefer the Unified build without the desqueeze.

Beautiful stuff! I'm shooting 4:3 with a 2X Bausch and Lomb. Tragic Lantern (1%'s offshoot) has an anamorphic desqueeze option. Kinda buggy but might be worth a shot. I still prefer the Unified build without the desqueeze.

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Getting my 50D tomorrow morning, I'll test it with external monitor and lots of anamorphics in the upcoming days. :)

Great. Let me know what you discover with tests. The workflow, settings, etc. have been difficult to get right.

About the external monitor, I tested today both Small HD DP6 and Zacuto's EVF, with 2x stretch. Both worked perfectly, but also shows more image than you're actually recording. They show raw's square, so you gotta use it as a base, but I couldn't find a way to "get rid" of the unrecording area, when previewing.