Good oldie 5D Mark II

Emanuel

Accidents with semi-trailers?  Check!

This is how my previous car died...  it was borderline write-off before they discovered the chassis was bent.

Image034.thumb.jpg.1350bf82515a844d0ed1637092cb2205.jpg

Image031.thumb.jpg.84077f98a762d3a2b9b1fe6305ee6be5.jpg

Image038.thumb.jpg.6c2d65c92ea574be2f5b0ed287db2073.jpg

Mine was the blue echo, and the 4wd with trailer went in-between my car and the semi.  Traffic was almost stopped and the semi and I were next to each other and the 4wd comes flying up behind me, does an emergency lane change in-between me and the road train.  His 4wd fit through the gap but the trailer didn't, and was what caused the damage to my car and the dent in the fuel tank of the semi.  For an idea about how much faster he was going than we were, look at how far back the truck (and I) were from where he stopped.  

If he hadn't have emergency lane-changed I'd probably be living a very different lifestyle right now.

It was amazing that no-one was really hurt, but we sure made a mess of the highway for a while!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Scary stuff guys.

7 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I just don't think they can get by with 10 bit on that small of body. And I have no clue why Sony keeps shitting around with the A7s mk III.

I think if they stuck with a 4k sensor rather than pushing the whole 6k 8k thing, they could pull off 10 bit. Heck I'd be happy with a 4k sensor with 1080p only output like the OG A7S. I really don't care much about resolution.

@webrunner5 Now imagine all that red in the middle of such landscapes from where my roots literally came...

where this 'used car salesman' : D *unforgettable* LOL still keeps a vineyard family business today : -)

To those who love such real reddie good oldies, here's the following episode from this 900-years country of history:

where you can figure the English accent as foreign language of this thread host now of yours, by native-Portuguese-English-speakers-n-ultimate-car-lovers in this virtual world we all live in : )

Cameras are like cars, the finest vineyard or Oporto wine... never become old fashioned : -)

2 hours ago, mercer said:

I just found this 5D Mark II ML Raw video by accident.

It’s an ML Raw test from the early days. It is a test for a horror film so it has some graphic/violent content... in case that bothers anybody.

Looks brilliant to me. Surely I'm naive, but I can't quite understand why Canon can not simply repack, say, that 5D II + ML Raw sensor/codeck solution and sell it as some sort of its own Digital Bolex version to so many devoted Canon indie/moviemakers and admirers?

On 4/20/2019 at 6:58 AM, webrunner5 said:

I just don't think they can get by with 10 bit on that small of body. And I have no clue why Sony keeps shitting around with the A7s mk III. Say I never did show you my car that I had for a couple of years I sold like 6 months ago. 1998 350Z Nizmo. One of like 1500 of them made in the whole world. Less than 900 left they think. Shot on my Sigma Merrill.

New Tires.jpg

Now that is a damn sweet ride. Nissan has made some freaking nice sport coupes, even though I've never been a huge fan of their regular cars.

Car derail is the best derail, so here are my babies.

kuva.thumb.png.114047066467a20e2b1971f5c02b251d.png

2003 Mitsubishi Galant sport, which is my daily and bone stock save for some neon lights and the sound system, and a 1998 Toyota Celica GTi, which has a tuned/lowered suspension,  a lightened clutch, catback exhaust and a short shifter. Starting it up wakes up my neighbours and it tries to kill me when I do highway pulls.

8 hours ago, anonim said:

Looks brilliant to me. Surely I'm naive, but I can't quite understand why Canon can not simply repack, say, that 5D II + ML Raw sensor/codeck solution and sell it as some sort of its own Digital Bolex version to so many devoted Canon indie/moviemakers and admirers?

Because the entire Digital Bolex market is a drop in the ocean to the Canon behemoth 

4 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I don't think I have ever heard of a Toyota Celica GTi. GT not GTi. GTi VW yeah. Is that a European model?

Yeah it's the European moniker for the 2-liter, not-quite-GT4 model up until 1998. At least that's the title of the 5th and 6th gens that had the naturally aspirated 3S-GE, I'm not sure what's the reasoning behind the "i". The final 7th gen model however was sold as the GTS, so go figure.

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Because the entire Digital Bolex market is a drop in the ocean to the Canon behemoth 

I see... That's probably also answer to (I think logical) question why Canon yet didn't choose to hire mr @mercer from EOSHD for its ambassador. 

5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

...and the people using Canon for video is a drop in the ocean of Canon photographers.

......and the people using Canon for stills is a drop in the ocean of photographers.

..........and the photography market is a drop in the ocean of the electronics market.

..............and......  ???

On 4/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, webrunner5 said:

Oh man that car is like it was on rails. I could not go anywhere without someone coming up to me and asking about it. Only car I have ever heard of that had shock absorbers in the body. They sent the bodies to Yamaha to have all the seams welded up instead of just spot welded to make them stiffer and stronger. The bodies were so stiff they had to put shocks in the body front and back horizontally to keep them from tearing apart. It had a bunch of crazy things like that in them.

Lot of people raced them, and used them as drift cars also. Thing had 315-35-17 on the rear, 275's on the front.

I got in a wreck. I ran Under a Semi Tractor Trailer with it.  It happened at night. I had to crawl out the passenger window. After they fixed it, 13,000 Dollars later I sold it. Came close to dying. Took 2 wreckers to pull it out form under the trailer! Yeah that is my dumb ass behind the car lol.

red motorbikes go fast as well, they also slide pretty fast as well, don't ask me how i know this ?

16 hours ago, anonim said:

The irony in that scenario would be that Magic Lantern did a lot of the work for them.

3 hours ago, anonim said:

I see... That's probably also answer to (I think logical) question why Canon yet didn't choose to hire mr @mercer from EOSHD for its ambassador. 

How do you know they haven’t offered?

7 hours ago, Ehetyz said:

Yeah it's the European moniker for the 2-liter, not-quite-GT4 model up until 1998. At least that's the title of the 5th and 6th gens that had the naturally aspirated 3S-GE, I'm not sure what's the reasoning behind the "i". The final 7th gen model however was sold as the GTS, so go figure.

I would guess the the i stood for injection, Ergo, Electronic Fuel Injection. It sort of looks like an Acura Integra GS from back in the day, at least up front. And Wow that is some Really black paint on it also. Nice looking car.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

I know about offer - but I just supposed that noble counter offer was: post of CEO or nothing, because they didn't choose right, as through all history all Canon-ized smart asses... so to say while mr webrunner5 is still awake to quickly correct me in my indian-american try.

11 hours ago, leslie said:

red motorbikes go fast as well, they also slide pretty fast as well, don't ask me how i know this ?

Oh, interesting. How do you....  oh, hang on.

10 hours ago, mercer said:

I look forward with anticipation of the official launch of your new YT channel...  CatRidesMan ???