Good oldie 5D Mark II

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

To me the PK4 wins by a pretty good amount. Even the colors are better. Amazing camera the PK4 if you are going for the modern look. At the time I thought the Canon Color Science was the Cats Ass. Now it looks pretty dated. Even Canon realized it as their newer bodies are way better CS wise. I think the C series Cine cameras still have that great look for older cameras like the C300, 100, 1DC. Even the 5D mk III was a better change CS wise. But I still sort of hold a original C100, C300 as a pretty amazing baseline to aim for. I didn't seem to like the C100 mk II CS as much. But it is probably more realistic, so in the long run better.

Now things are a lot more saturated, good or bad. I think for the good, I have got used to it. Olympus, Fuji were were ahead of the times lol.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

To me the PK4 wins by a pretty good amount. Even the colors are better. Amazing camera the PK4 if you are going for the modern look.U

It really depends on what part of the image you are judging.  I like the dynamic range of the Canon in the shadows better. The PK4 has better resolution by far .  As for color, I like the extra gamma look of the Canon over the Pocket 4K, but I can tweak that in post.  I also don't doubt that with the right lens (and speedbooster?) that PK4 could make up some ground when the f-stops are equivalent.

Yeah the 5D mk II is pretty good for low light stuff. But in reality it "only" goes to 25,600, so I would not call it a low light king like the 5D mk III was. I think the PK4 goes to 25,600 also, which for a BMD camera, that is groundbreaking Amazing lol.

29 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah the 5D mk II is pretty good for low light stuff. But in reality it "only" goes to 25,600, so I would not call it a low light king like the 5D mk III was. I think the PK4 goes to 25,600 also, which for a BMD camera, that is groundbreaking Amazing lol.

I don't know if a camera can perform well at 25,000 iso I think low light king is worthy or at least low light prince ?

26 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I don't know if a camera can perform well at 25,000 iso I think low light king is worthy or at least low light prince ?

Yeah a Sony a7s is just getting started at 25,600 ISO. Mine was just jaw dropping impressive at that kind of ISO.  Sony can do some magic stuff with Sensors. Now menus ehh.

32 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You can't really mean that. God you Have drank the Kool Aide lol. How the F old did you say you are? Was it 84 or 85?

I am pretty confident saying 25,000 iso is more than enough for any situation I shoot in. Realistically 3200 iso is as I pretty much light everything. Highlights blowing out is the issue I run into most often. That's why I value dynamic range a lot more than anything else. 

Well I will be the first to admit 12,500 is about as high as I have needed to shoot.  And it was for fun more than anything. But to say that kind of ability is not useful to someone is crazy. Hell Canon and Nikon, Sony all have cameras that are Suppose to go up to a Million or more. It is there for some reason or they would not even bother. Bragging rights is part of it.  Night surveillance comes to mind. Shooting night skies. Philip Blooms review of the a7s showed some good use of it's ability at night on Brighton Beach, his favorite hangout.

If I can get half decent shots at 25,600 well 12,400 out to be a cakewalk. That is the main reason they push the limits. Just because a certain person never uses it doen't mean someone else never does either.

8 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well I will be the first to admit 12,500 is about as high as I have needed to shoot.  And it was for fun more than anything. But to say that kind of ability is not useful to someone is crazy. Hell Canon and Nikon, Sony all have cameras that are Suppose to go up to a Million or more. It is there for some reason or they would not even bother. Bragging rights is part of it.  Night surveillance comes to mind. Shooting night skies. Philip Blooms review of the a7s showed some good use of it's ability at night on Brighton Beach, his favorite hangout.

If I can get half decent shots at 25,600 well 12,400 out to be a cakewalk. That is the main reason they push the limits. Just because a certain person never uses it doen't mean someone else never does either.

I saw some guy make use of the high ISO's on the A7SII for a wedding. Forget how high it was but he was shooting a beach wedding that was solely lit by torches. He got exposure right but the torches were blown out and you couldn't even tell they were torches. 

I do like the A7SII though, I wish they'd make a newer version that is basically 100% the same just with 10 bit capabilities and higher frame rates. Being able to shoot high ISO's clean is really useful for high speed shooting, especially 120fps. 

I just don't think they can get by with 10 bit on that small of body. And I have no clue why Sony keeps shitting around with the A7s mk III. Say I never did show you my car that I had for a couple of years I sold like 6 months ago. 1998 350Z Nizmo. One of like 1500 of them made in the whole world. Less than 900 left they think. Shot on my Sigma Merrill.

New Tires.jpg

Free beats not-free most of the time.

Of course, there's no such thing as free, considering that our time has value, as does the opportunity cost of only getting to shoot something once, but we all trade these things off when we make judgements about what will suit us best.

@Emanuel great stuff - keep shooting :)

@webrunner5 nice car!

Oh man that car is like it was on rails. I could not go anywhere without someone coming up to me and asking about it. Only car I have ever heard of that had shock absorbers in the body. They sent the bodies to Yamaha to have all the seams welded up instead of just spot welded to make them stiffer and stronger. The bodies were so stiff they had to put shocks in the body front and back horizontally to keep them from tearing apart. It had a bunch of crazy things like that in them.

Lot of people raced them, and used them as drift cars also. Thing had 315-35-17 on the rear, 275's on the front.

I got in a wreck. I ran Under a Semi Tractor Trailer with it.  It happened at night. I had to crawl out the passenger window. After they fixed it, 13,000 Dollars later I sold it. Came close to dying. Took 2 wreckers to pull it out form under the trailer! Yeah that is my dumb ass behind the car lol.

DSCF1287.JPG