external hot swap/redundant power solutions?

buggz

What hot swap battery solutions are you running that you would recommend?

I started off with an Atomos Video Power Station.
I got this on a B&H sale in 2017 for my GH5.
It has been working great, up until now.
The battery connection prongs are loose, almost broken off electrically, and very unreliable.
This has since become a discontinued product.
Atomos doesn't seem to be answering emails about it either.
I wanted to purchase a new plate, or have mine repaired.
A real shame, as this would be a GREAT product, hot swap batteries and all.

Well, since I now have a number of large NPF batteries, I went the cheap route, and ordered a Power Junkie NPF and the dummy battery.
It's only a single battery.

I was looking at V-mount solutions, and they are attractive, but very expensive.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Do you NEED external power with a GH5? It has such great battery life already!

I'd only go the external path if the GH5 was on a rig which also had a number of other things needing power (monitor / wireless video transmitter / follow focus / etc), then it makes a LOT of sense to mount the battery on rails with a battery plate that has the outputs needed for everything. 

For example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CAMVATE-V-Lock-Mounting-Plate-Power-Supply-Splitter-with-15mm-Rod-Clamp-D1524camera-photography-accessories/32911036120.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FOTGA-DP500III-Uninterrupted-V-Mount-BP-Battery-Power-Supply-Plate-for-Sony-A7S-A7R-A7-II/32626971217.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lanparte-V-Mount-Battery-Pinch-VBP-01-HDMI-Splitter-Power-Supply-Adapter-V-Lock-for-DSLR/32345583437.html

Thanks for the information.

No, I don't need redundancy, though I do need long capacity,  I shoot events that are rather long, one takes.

The Atomos Power Station really spoiled me.  It would be perfect if they correct the battery contact pins.

BTW, the Power Junkie NPF and the dummy battery solution seems to work good, and is VERY cheap priced.

Now to find a proper NPF battery charger as the Atomos Video Power Station also provided that function very well, when it was working...