Biggest European dealer CVP 'in the dark' over new Blackmagic cameras

Andrew Reid

Your summary of my reportage is fucking shit. You've taken my points, simplified them, stupefied them and taken them out of context.

Now Andrew, I wasn't even trying to summarize your reportage. I didn't simplify or stupefy your points, I was merely stating what you eventually realized yourself in your post: "things change", therefore don't dismiss them just yet.

You got a short fuse and you tend to pull the trigger too fast, then you kind of retract in your obnoxious way, and that makes you look silly more often than not, but people here have realized they shouldn't criticize much, under the risk of getting an answer blown out of proportions like I just did.

If I say we shouldn't be blaming BMD for being late due to the simple fact that THEY'RE NOT LATE and you think I'm a fucking idiot and my opinion is idiotic, while you're defending people's (as of yet) false and unfair accusations, then think what you will really... I don't think most give a shit, well I certainly don't.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't care how much money you are profoundly interesting from making from your PRO SHOOOOOTS with a camera, and that is the primary reason I have zero interest in whether you think Magic Lantern is reliable enough for such a money making excerise or not.

In truth, the software is reliable. I press a button and raw video comes out.

In truth, the workflow is not a nightmare. I drag and drop the files to an app, and ProRes and Cinema DNG happen.

Don't criticise what you don't understand, and if you do in fact understand it, show some.

I understand it completely. You promote ML like "RAW is finally here folks!" when it's not.  Even your boy Andrew Wonder said the workflow is  nightmare.  Too bad you're just an sensitive fucking douchebag and cannot handle reality. 

It helps when you get code fed to you by the manufacturer... :D

But Andrew, i think you are still forgetting that we are talking about a tiny company (at least compared to Canon). The don't have an entire PR department and they don't have 1000 heads working on the supply chain for a single product.

At the end of the day, the fact that they sent a public deadline has forced them to get camera out ASAP.  It sucks, but lets not pretend than any of us where planning our life around the release of this product.

I'm really surprised at how angry people are getting.

You make promises like this, you anticipate the demand for the product based on the last BMCC sales, you build your company to that scale. If they don't have a PR team that is their fault, they have the money and the sales to sustain that kind of growth and they have yet to do so. You don't seem to understand that this is how companies fail. This is also the internet age, where you can get a HUGE feel for the demand of the product by simply surfing forums for christ sake. You do not remain small as a company and throw out promises that would require a business of a much larger scale to accomplish. It is perfectly justifiable to get angry at this, it is nothing short of shitty business practice. It is entirely their fault that they set deadlines (deathlines), and unfortunately for them their product has shown the demand for these kinds of cameras at this price. If they continue to produce at such a slow pathetic rate, they are only extending the window for a new company to come in and exploit the market and do it with consumer-demand in mind. They can either:

A.) Remain small and stop promising huge productions and ridiculous deadlines

or

B.) Restructure and expand their company to sustain the demand for this product

or

C.) Burn to the ground & watch someone else come along and do it better.

Wow, now THAT is balanced moderation. Stay classy Andrew.

I was unaware that being the moderator and owner of a forum puts you on a pedestal where your rights to argue in discussions are no longer allowed. You seem to be holding him to some sort of robotic standard.

^ I think that's going a little far, Gavin. The work flow on Canon raw isn't that bad if you have the complementary hardware. Furthermore, the benefits of a full frame raw camera are huge, especially when running and gunning (so much less shake). But i do think ML raw get's over hyped. I think the BMD sensor still clearly produces a better image (when stabilized), but no doubt the ML hack is a HUGE improvement over the old 5D3 video.

Exactly. If... I've been waiting on Apple to deliver an update to their Mac Pro line for what seems like forever. 

Yes, silly customers! They believe what they're told! How stupid! Blackmagic announce a camera in April, say you will be getting it in July. Doesn't sound at all realistic to me!

Come on, they said that they'd ship in July & i don't remember them specifying to whom - Cheeky Aussies!

So lets wait 9 days & see.

You've got to have a little faith, as we all know it'll be suicide if they mess up again!

Personally, ML Raw has been a nice distraction & has taken my mind off the "when will i get my hands on a Pocket".

Its also let me get used to the sensor size & so i won't be having any headaches over it.

• Administrators

I understand it completely. You promote ML like "RAW is finally here folks!" when it's not.  Even your boy Andrew Wonder said the workflow is  nightmare.  Too bad you're just an sensitive fucking douchebag and cannot handle reality. 

Trying to stay calm in the face of bullshit like this is very difficult.

This post is of very poor taste. I'd like to think that most of us enthusiasts are past this point in our lives.

Criticism is fine when it makes sense. Otherwise it's just annoying.

Andrew, this is your forum and I think no one would expect you to provide a platform where all sort of ideas are freely spoken regardless of their qualities or values to the extent that they would be done so in a democratic country. However, adding another layer of subjectivity to the issue by saying that criticism has to make sense, you are basically saying that "this is how things are done here". Not sure if that's what you really want.

Trying to stay calm in the face of bullshit like this is very difficult.

Where is the bullshit? This is direct quote from the Wonder post on YOUR blog. 

"I always thought it was funny that DIT/Colorist Sam Gursky was the first one to suggest we make a 5D3 Raw short because it was a workflow nightmare from the get-go"

Too bad you're just an sensitive fucking douchebag and cannot handle reality. 

Dude, having a strong opinion or being sensitive doesn't make you a d-bag. On the other hand, making personal attacks on the site creator before you've made even a dozen posts... think about that.

I think it's time you start over. We're a temperamental lot here, but we do try and have a little respect.

But hey, no big deal right!

Can't miss what you don't have!

So yeah, there will be disappointment, but in the end no big deal!

And at the moment the Aussies just can't do anything right - might be funny to watch a company shoot itself in the foot!

What will really piss me off is if the Yanks get them by the bucket load & we just have to sit & watch a load of gloaters rub our noses in it!

Dude, having a strong opinion or being sensitive doesn't make you a d-bag. On the other hand, making personal attacks on the site creator before you've made even a dozen posts... think about that.

I think it's time you start over. We're a temperamental lot here, but we do try and have a little respect.

He's calling people idiots and saying others don't know what we're talking about.  That's pretty d-baggy for a site admin.  Criticism is the name of the game we play.  Did I got too far? Probably, but I regret nothing. 

Really what does a post count say? Nothing. 

I was unaware that being the moderator and owner of a forum puts you on a pedestal where your rights to argue in discussions are no longer allowed. You seem to be holding him to some sort of robotic standard.

Where I come from calling someone a fucking idiot because you don't agree with him is not arguing or having a discussion, quite the opposite, it's not having a discussion, or losing it if you prefer. You're the one putting him on a pedestal, no need for that, he's already there.

Discussion is very welcome in this forum, as long as you share Andrew's opinion.

He's calling people idiots and saying others don't know what we're talking about.  That's pretty d-baggy for a site admin.  Criticism is the name of the game we play.  Did I got too far? Probably, but I regret nothing. 

Really what does a post count say? Nothing. 

I'm not condoning his behavior, in fact i've been on the end of the receiving end before, but i think there is a difference when people who know each other get into it (Bruno vs. EOSHD).

Post count can tell if someone is registering on a site just to troll. I'm not accusing you of this, i'm just saying.

He's actually quite tolerant - some admins would've banned you without a second thought.

Shit, i banned someone the other day who sent me a PM informing me "to stop fucking telling them what they can & can't say/do on this fucking forum & to go fuck myself". 

But yeah, it would be nice if personal opinions could be tolerated, especially when a new piece of cheap tech is involved that isn't even late yet!

I'm not condoning his behavior, in fact i've been on the end of the receiving end before, but i think there is a difference when people who know each other get into it (Bruno vs. EOSHD).

Post count can tell if someone is registering on a site just to troll. I'm not accusing you of this, i'm just saying.

Yeah I guess you're right about the troll comment. I signed up just to post about the BMPCC, but then I got mad when he was calling people idiots. It doesn't matter if he "knows" someone.  I guess I shouldn't have stooped to his level and now I do regret the personal attacks. 

But i think there is a difference when people who know each other get into it (Bruno vs. EOSHD).

Why is it different being an asshole to me compared to being an asshole to a new member?

I don't know anyone personally in this forum, therefore I don't take anything personally here, but being an asshole is just being an asshole.

But yeah, it would be nice if personal opinions could be tolerated, especially when a new piece of cheap tech is involved that isn't even late yet!

Don't you dare being reasonable over here! There's other forums for that mate. :)

Yeah I guess you're right about the troll comment. I signed up just to post about the BMPCC, but then I got mad when he was calling people idiots. It doesn't matter if he "knows" someone.  I guess I shouldn't have stooped to his level and now I do regret the personal attacks. 

No problem, i think i probably started here the same way. There is is at least one thread, where i had 95% of users telling me i was out of line.

Besides, the best way to piss off Andrew is to calmly tell him he is being unreasonable and why. :lol:

Bruno, I figured you would take it differently, given that you have experience with Andrew's "methods of communication". 

Ok guys, time for everyone to calm down.

The fact remains, BlackMagic committed to ship in July. It is still July. They did not promise that customers would get it in July either. Ship likely means that distributors get the first cameras in early august, with likely some pre-orders being fulfilled by mid-end of August.