iscomorphot loose focus ring?

highres

Hi everyone,

I just bought this iscomorphot 8 /1.5x that I thought was in good condition, had a lot of interaction with the ebay seller so trusted that all was as promised -'near mint condition' as almost everything on ebay is ;)

Then when it arrived, i noticed the front focus ring being loose. Also, there is quite a lot of dust particles inside the lens, which may be limiting even more so. I knew the lens would have it's flaws, but is it worth salvaging/trying to repair? 

My hope was that it would be a more useful lens for mounting on s16 and c-mount lenses with my (hopefully soon to arrive) BMC pocket camera, as the elements of those lenses are much smaller. I saw eoshd forum member 'quickhitrecord' and redstan/tony wilson comment that with the right taking lens, it may perform better. 

Any comments? Should I try to repair or return this lens?

Martin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Let me clarify the issue: the front part of the lens consists of a black part that has all of the focal marks, and a zebra patterned part. These two parts are disconnected from each other although they should not be. When focusing there is a grinding noise and the two parts move disconnectedly.

No it is just a limited range, a bit beyond the focus range on both ends. I think I paid too much for this lens and starting to have regrets. Hoping some kind of magic can be coaxed out of this iscomorphot paired with s16 lenses and the bmpcc! If it can be fixed that is.