Samsung Galaxy Fold

webrunner5

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I doubt this will thing will catch on, it is just not practical from a size/use perspective. How do you hold it? Does it sort of flap around while you are using it? Is it too thick to fit comfortably in a pocket? How heavy is it?

It is just one of those gimmicky "because we can do it" sort of things.

They are going to be a damn tough sell at 2000 Dollars. Sure the extra real estate is great, but not at twice the cost. I would just rather have a Mini iPad and a iPhone for the same money.. And you know down the road the screens, hinges are going to fail.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

They are going to be a damn tough sell at 2000 Dollars. Sure the extra real estate is great, but not at twice the cost. I would just rather have a Mini iPad and a iPhone for the same money.. And you know down the road the screens, hinges are going to fail.

For the price of an iPad and iPhone I got my phone, Surface Go and a gaming laptop. Do not know why you have to bring Apple to everything we talk here.

These foldables are quite expensive now, but in 3 years they will be quite mainstream. I am sure there will be an iFold in a couple of years, more expensive than anything else and you will jump to it like is the greatest thing ever!

What @BTM_Pix said, and I have expressed before, is that Samsung with 4.6"/7.3" are too small for a smart phone/tablet and the whole concept would be more interesting/practical if it was a tablet, becoming a super tablet.

Phones are big enough already, and small tablets are not selling very well - if at all, but 10-13" devices are becoming very popular productive tools and they sell easily for 1000 and up to more than 2000$€£, so foldable prices already..

Hey I can afford the stuff, no big deal to me. Apple doesn't cost any more money here than Samsung stuff. I buy all brand new stuff from Apple every time their new stuff comes out. Now you couldn't give me an Apple computer but.. You probably have to pay a big tariff in Greece. And all the later Samsung's I have had were just pretty much a fire hazard, exploding piece of crap. Plus iPhones, iPads have about 10 times as many Apps, especially for Photo, Video than Android.  Both my MoonDog and Moment Anamorphic lenses were Only useful on a Apple , same as my Field Monitor app I use with my iPad. Also most of my family have them so I can use Facetime which Android doesn't have. And I have a Apple watch which I have to have a iPhone for.

You can buy what ever you want, and I will buy what ever I want. I have Zero desire for a Android phone. They even gimp the CPU's in Samsungs here in the states for being able to Rip them. Why would I buy into that. Plus Apple is an American company, why wouldn't I support them.

Personally I think the Samsung Fold is a total piece of shit that will never take off. Stupid design. And no way in hell I am paying 2000 bucks for Any company's phone. I am done with a Samsung Note, had 4 of them, and I am not even buying a iPhone XS Max. Had the chance when I bought my XS. Way too big. I don't watch TV or movies either. So no need for a huge screen.