Zoom F6 - game changer?

SR

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

This here is even more impressive technology to deal with limiting than Zoom's F6 32bit files or the F8n's "look ahead limiters":

image.png.933a90bf4b4cdfd97f9866f883df179e.png

http://jayrose.com/funny/PAPManual_April2014.pdf

?

I have an idea.  If you can get a sample unit to me then we can work together to work out how to connect it to a live stream of stock market prices....

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

The test sample here is pretty amazing, and the explanation of how it works is also very interesting. I also like how it runs on NPF batteries as well as AA. Not sure on the menus though.

yep. i am nt a sound person but it sounds quite amazing. and it's tiny

1 minute ago, thephoenix said:

yep. i am nt a sound person but it sounds quite amazing. and it's tiny

My understanding is, you don't need to be with this. Plug everything in, press record and then get your levels right in post. (obviously not good working practice - at least try and get them right in the box)

7 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

My understanding is, you don't need to be with this. Plug everything in, press record and then get your levels right in post. (obviously not good working practice - at least try and get them right in the box)

sounds a bit simple but it looks like it. if it works that well the uses are endless ? for a reasonable price i find.

looks like perfect for itw as it is tiny. don't know if it can be put under a camera cage. but sure accessories will come soon

56 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

don't know if it can be put under a camera cage. but sure accessories will come soon

There is already a bracket to mount it under a camera, but I'm not sure if it's included or an optional extra. It is definitely possible though. Great for panel discussions and multi-person interviews.

Slight side-step, and not really related, but what I've started doing while recording live music though, is have all the instruments go into my recorder, then plug the Rode Wireless Go into the output and send the signal to my camera. It really makes it great for syncing after I've mixed the recordings, but also helps when playing back for the artist, so they can hear their performance better than they could with the in-cam mics.

Mounting the recorder under the camera would provide the same end result, but will also limit your movements (should you want to move of course).

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

I also like how it runs on NPF batteries as well as AA.

That is definitely a step in the right direction, like Sound Devices uses. 

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Getting good sound is waaaaaaay more than just getting good levels!

1 hour ago, Boomboom said:

… at 13:14 about the TC menu in Bluetooth mode… a hint: Timecode Systems. Ditch the box !  ?

Nifty! 
Zoom has already paired with TCS before for their Ambisonics mic/recorder. 

https://jwsoundgroup.net/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=33053&content_commentid=361111

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Getting good sound is waaaaaaay more than just getting good levels!

Well sure, but things like mic selection and placement aren’t dependent on the recorder you use.

Levels are highly dependent on the recorder, it’s preamps, built in limiter etc etc. all of which you can forget about with this... it seems .

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I understand. I don't appreciate downvotes at all. Pretty coward stuff to be sincere. They might be banned for once IMO. I also approve your fair concern on topic now. Lack of personal consideration cannot be tolerated at any rate. It is not a matter of opinion, but decency actually.

I agree. The downvoting option is not a good option to have.