JackHorror

Hallo there! I need help with lenses for gh3!

I am about to buy gh3, i think to buy only body + i am searching a good lens.

I want gh3 for video.

Should i buy a cine lens?

I found some cine lenses like:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/884099-REG/Rokinon_cv35_c_35mm_T1_5_Cine_Lens.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/895592-REG/Samyang_sycv85c_85mm_T1_5_Cine_AS.html

My budget for lenses is 400-500 €.

Any help would be aprecciated, thank you!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

do not buy either of those lenses -

for that money buy a Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar 28-70mm in Contax Yashica Mount - stunning super sharp Zeiss lens

great on a GH3 very useful zoom range  - aspheric elements so super sharp

or get a Canon FD 24-35mm zoom a stunningly sharp lens widely regarded as sharper than most prime lenses

and a very useful zoom range on a GH3

Dont dismiss Zeiss Vario Sonnars they are amazing lenses and the Canon FD L series zooms are sharper than most primes

I use both those lenses on a daily basis as they are so good and versatile - I have no need for 1 inch DOF

Try filming actors with a 1 inch DOF... they can't hit their marks and the director goes nuts as its takes 4 times longer to shoot the scene $$$$$$.

if you want a fast prime on a GH3 the Pentax 25mm f1.4 C mount is superb - razor sharp and fast and alot cheaper than those over priced Korean Rokinon cine lenses - used them and didnt rate them

Wesley 24mm f1.4 is also superb too

• Administrators

The new 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 is very nice. It can be had cheap with the G6 in a kit, if you sell the G6 body and keep the lens.

I paid £750 for the kit at Manchester airport, granted duty free but not far off prices you can get elsewhere.