Will the SL2 updated SL3 have IBIS?

mercer

According to Canon rumors the update to the SL2 will have 4K 24p/25p, DPAF and 5 axis stabiiization by use of gyro sensor...

“At the time of movie photography, camera shake correction of five axes is possible at the time of wearing of correspondence lens by the use of gyro sensor”

https://www.canonrumors.com/the-canon-eos-rebel-sl3-kiss-x10-is-coming-very-soon-images-leak-ahead-of-the-official-announcement/

The wording is odd probably due to the translation but does this mean sensor based stabilization?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
32 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Seems like the old 9 points AF and the well known 24mgpxls sensor.

Where is this stands in their line up? Mid to low?

Well you can buy the SL2 with the kit lens for 600 Dollars, so I would call it low end along with the M50. I would rather have a M50 to be honest.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1346763-REG/canon_eos_rebel_sl2_dslr.html

18 hours ago, mercer said:

Will the SL2 updated SL3 have IBIS?

I will believe it when I see it. 

TL;DR: No.

5 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

As expected... No ibis, No dpaf in 4k, and a huge crop for 4k. 24fps in 1080p is also ommited from this camera.

I should have read to the end of the thread before replying....

But I see Canon behaved exactly how you'd expect Canon to behave! 

I still struggle to comprehend why Canon are leaving 1080p24 out of their recent cameras. With stuff like the huge crop and lack of PDAF in 4K, plus the lack of other basic video features, you can at least chalk it up to market segmentation and/or a lack of processing power. But leaving out 1080p24 is like producing a car that lacks a second gear and instead goes straight from first to third - it's a pointless, arbitrary, and annoying omission.

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Leaving out 1080/24p is that final push by Canon to get pros to use certain higher-end cameras instead.

Fuck customer goodwill towards brand or customer loyalty.

It's an extra $1 they want.

There are at least 3 persons in this forum that can convince you that a) noone needs it b) it is a feature/advantage!

On 4/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, Kisaha said:

There are at least 3 persons in this forum that can convince you that a) noone needs it b) it is a feature/advantage!

yep there's a guy on this forum that legit said "Canon is for winners" Just a few weeks ago. Can't remember who said it though rofl. It was probably Dbounce or Django ?