aputure 300d mark ii . !!!

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Per Ted Sims on the 300Dii, via Facebook: 
"Release date in the next two months! Yes, that is an all-in-one controller box. No more noisy ballast. The new design is all built together with zero fans, all passive cooling. 20% brighter. DMX added. Powerable from a single battery. Quick release super clamp mounting point on the controller box. 360 degree reinforced yoke. Built-in Effects and Wireless Control via APP."

3 hours ago, photographer-at-large said:

Aputure's Ted says their new 300D II is approximately equivalent in output to 575W HMI at 2:20 mark of this video:

HIVE LEDs have same diameter chassis as Profoto.

the 200c is $2290.00, so maybe like $3k or so.  but its rgb vs just daylight.  aputure 300d ii is gunning for the joker 800 and arri 1.2k

also with the 2x fresnel, probably same output as a joker 800 if his photometrics are right!

if 25% brighter than 300d mark i with fresnel lens 2x its 97500 lux a t 1m, and joker 800 with frosted fresnel is 46403.22, with wide angle it is 216591.405.  so not as bright as with wide angle, but brighter than joker with frosted fresnel - more like a joker 1600 with a frosted fresnel!

1 hour ago, Ed_David said:

the 200c is $2290.00, so maybe like $3k or so.  but its rgb vs just daylight.  aputure 300d ii is gunning for the joker 800 and arri 1.2k

also with the 2x fresnel, probably same output as a joker 800 if his photometrics are right!

if 25% brighter than 300d mark i with fresnel lens 2x its 97500 lux a t 1m, and joker 800 with frosted fresnel is 46403.22, with wide angle it is 216591.405.  so not as bright as with wide angle, but brighter than joker with frosted fresnel - more like a joker 1600 with a frosted fresnel!

Could be, not sure. I feel that the 300D mark I is nowhere as bright as I need it to be, so + 25% isnt going to cut it for me either I guess. High iso camera's dont help out when you are competing against the sun. 

Hmm so we have 3 options. From low to bright I think. 

- Aputure 300D II: 1500$
- Forza 500https://www.finanzen.net/nachricht/aktien/introducing-nanlite-a-brilliant-new-led-brand-is-born-7341911 2K$
- Superhornet 575c: price unknown?

Not sure how practical a par light like a superhornet is. So maybe the Forza 500 is the best buy here? Any thoughts? Def looking at lights that are a lot brighter then the original 300D(which renders useless in daylight situations (with diffusion)).