Pocket4K Hardware Controller - Development Thread

BTM_Pix

• Super Members

So, I've been beavering away in the background on a small Bluetooth LE hardware controller for the Pocket4K.

It won't be ready for sale for a couple of months but thought I'd have a thread to share what it is and whats happening with it as we get to the release.

And here it is.

4K_Controller_V1b.thumb.jpg.cb19b34f95ea03046dbf58a9544f5cbc.jpg

Ignore the electric blue colour of the case as that was the filament I had spooled up when I printed it !

As you can see, it is a small handheld device and is powered by a coin cell battery.

With it you can control the following parameters 

• Aperture
  • ISO
  • Shutter Angle
  • Preset White Balance
  • White Balance Temperature
  • White Balance Tint
  • Record/Stop

In addition, as per the 3C app, you can store and recall presets made up of all of those parameters (M1-M4).

It is opersted by four recessed buttons on the side of the case (two per side) which move to the parameter and increment/decrement the value.

The LCD screen is backlit for easy visibility indoors but also for exteriors where, as you can see, it makes reading your current parameters somewhat more legible than the camera's own screen ;)

It is in this latter role that I think it will be of particular use and the case will have a mounting option to use on gimbal handles and tripod arms etc.

There will be a lens control element to this product as well but stay tuned for some show and tell about that in a couple of weeks as I update the thread. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
18 minutes ago, dia3olik said:

Nice! What about focus control with an external rotary encoder with a clamp to be used with 15mm rods/handles/gimbals? ?

There will be a rotary encoder (or two....) involved with the focus control so very well guessed :) 

• Super Members
1 hour ago, dia3olik said:

he he great! did you try already? how is the focus control with canon lenses mounted on a metabones adapter? is it smooth enough? thx!

It is already implemented in our 3C app.

I was surprised when the last Metabones update activated control capability that it works as well as it does. Its better than with a lot of the native MFT lenses actually.