Quality audio and HDMI cables

1Ale82

Hello,

I have a question regarding audio and HDMI cables, especially directed to European members. I am searching for a high quality audio and HDMI cables and I prefer to spend well once than to buy cheap now and regret it tomorrow. There is a good store for general audio/music equipment, Thomman. In the cable section there are brands like sssnake, Sommer Cable, Kramer, Cordial, Purelink. These same brands are hard to find in other major stores like, for example, Amazon.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

For example:

Audio

https://www.thomann.de/it/sommer_cable_galileo_238_10_xlr_cable_1m.htm

https://www.thomann.de/it/sommer_cable_albedo_mikrokabel_10.htm

HDMI Video

https://www.thomann.de/it/kramer_c_hm_hm_pro_3_cable_09m.htm

https://www.thomann.de/it/purelink_pi1000_50.htm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sssnake is the Thomman's in house brand, they usually offer good quality for the price. Much better than buying blind from ebay.

Cordial is a brand I choose for some of my sound equipment. They offer good quality for the price but much more expensive than ssssnake.

Sommer are - supposedly - even better and more expensive, but I have other brands for very expensive cables (Mogami, Canare).

55 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Sssnake is the Thomman's in house brand, they usually offer good quality for the price. Much better than buying blind from ebay.

Cordial is a brand I choose for some of my sound equipment. They offer good quality for the price but much more expensive than ssssnake.

Sommer are - supposedly - even better and more expensive, but I have other brands for very expensive cables (Mogami, Canare).

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will then choose Cordial or Sommer. From your experience, construction quality and durability with these brands? 

24 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

what's the purpose of the cables ?

i have amazon basics hdmi and they work great with my xt3 even at 4k60p with the ninja v.

for the price it is a real bargain

I am looking at good quality cables, not only considering technical specifications, but also construction quality, durability. After all, I don't see much convenience in saving a few euros over a cable which can be the weak point in any video recording. I am comparing a 3 euro cable to a 30 euro one, the price difference is not so important as the quality difference, especially considering it a long term investment.

3 hours ago, 1Ale82 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will then choose Cordial or Sommer. From your experience, construction quality and durability with these brands? 

I am looking at good quality cables, not only considering technical specifications, but also construction quality, durability. After all, I don't see much convenience in saving a few euros over a cable which can be the weak point in any video recording. I am comparing a 3 euro cable to a 30 euro one, the price difference is not so important as the quality difference, especially considering it a long term investment.

so far so good with amazon basics, they are well build and considering the price you can have a bunch of them and easily change. took a set of 3 fot 7€, only used 1 so far.

when i see people buying atomos cables for an unreasonable price and complaining about the build quality...